Questions About Enclosure Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyxis

So my baby beardie, Caramel, has finally outgrown her 20 long, and it's time for a new tank. I found an awesome one that swings open in the front so a) I won't have to fight with trying to go in through the top all the time and b) cleaning will be waaayyyy easier. There are two I'm looking at. One is 36 by 18 by 12. The other is the same but 18 inches tall instead of 12. This one literally costs a hundred dollars more for the extra height, which Caramel would probably never use. My question is, is there any reason I wouldn't want to go with the 12 inch one? I know the 18 inch one is recommended, but why?

asoto88

Are you talking about the exo terra one?

If so...the price difference isn't worth it, build your own or look for a sale

Pyxis

Original Poster
Yeah, that's the one. The only reason I don't build my own is because if I did, I would want to go big, and I don't have the room for that now. Pretty much this tank will be an in between until I get my new place and have room to build a big enclosure. She's just too big for a 20 long now so I need something in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom