Questions about Arcadia UVB bulbs

Its UVB replacement time. Currently using a Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho Uvb 39W Fluorescent Lamp, 34". I'm considering changing to Arcadia (since we're replacing the zoo med so often), but finding it confusing. I see on the Arcadia website a "Dragon" bulb, which is 14%, but there are also "Desert" 12% bulbs. Our beardie is in a 48" x 24" x 24" viv with the Reptisun suspended inside under the mesh, in a Carolina Custom Cage 34" T5HO UVB+ Double GU10 Basking light fixture.

Here are the questions I've got:

Is the 12% where we need to be? Just want to be sure I'm not overdoing it with the UVB exposure. Not sure there's much wiggle room with changing the height from its current position. (Solar meters are pricey, but suggestions on where to get one welcome)

For those with experience with both brands, what would you choose?

Thanks to all!

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
with the fixture inside like you have it, you can get the 12% and make sure there is basking decor under it at 12-15 inches. that's how i have mine set up in the same size enclosure. the 14% would be for taller enclosures.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its UVB replacement time. Currently using a Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho Uvb 39W Fluorescent Lamp, 34". I'm considering changing to Arcadia (since we're replacing the zoo med so often), but finding it confusing. I see on the Arcadia website a "Dragon" bulb, which is 14%, but there are also "Desert" 12% bulbs. Our beardie is in a 48" x 24" x 24" viv with the Reptisun suspended inside under the mesh, in a Carolina Custom Cage 34" T5HO UVB+ Double GU10 Basking light fixture.

Here are the questions I've got:

Is the 12% where we need to be? Just want to be sure I'm not overdoing it with the UVB exposure. Not sure there's much wiggle room with changing the height from its current position. (Solar meters are pricey, but suggestions on where to get one welcome)

For those with experience with both brands, what would you choose?

Thanks to all!
Why are you changing the bulb out so often? Both the Arcadia and Reptisun bulbs should be changed out at the same time --- every 10-11 months -- both bulbs the 12% and the 10.0 should be at a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom