Question

Bdss

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Vladimir
My bearded dragon is about 5 years old and has what looks like a build up of scales at the base of his tail that has turned a grey color. I was told by a vet that it is not anything to worry about. It has been very slow growing over multiple years and is about the circumference of a dime. Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• 20221218_094136.jpg
    20221218_094136.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 84

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
My bearded dragon is about 5 years old and has what looks like a build up of scales at the base of his tail that has turned a grey color. I was told by a vet that it is not anything to worry about. It has been very slow growing over multiple years and is about the circumference of a dime. Has anyone seen this before?
Can you take a picture of his tank by any chance

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That looks funky - why did the vet not do a culture on it? We need AHBD to take a look at this
@AHBD

Bdss

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Vladimir
It stays pretty dry no misting. We give him a bath maybe once a month with just water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218_155119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_155119_Gallery.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20221218_155045_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_155045_Gallery.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 70

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, looks like a nice bio active substrate. There's a small possibility that something in the substrate caused the growth or it could be jut a huge coincidence. I don' know what might have caused it but it might help to put some antifungal cream on it. You can get Lamisil at the Pharmacy and give that a try. Not sure what else might help. If you can find another vet to really check in to it that might get you some answers.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom