QUESTION PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":2wouj08h said:
HippieLizards":2wouj08h said:
But on the bright side my newest beardie Rocket says hi to Jimmia. :D View media item 60405View media item 61047

he is beautiful, hello Rocket, *gives him a little pat* :) I wonder what color JIMMIA will turn into eventually, because she is still a gray at the moment :)
Thanks. :)

Jimmia Probably would grow up to be a Grey-ish Tan. Her beard also might get a bit more orange.

She may grow up or her color might get a bit similar to Daisy's. View media item 60885View media item 60813

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
you are welcome my friend :) I love the photo of Daisy and the hat :) jimmia and her could go on play dates lol :) I seen this today so would this possible be jimmia when older ? this was near the lake about 10 minutes away from where I live :)
98861-6572050904.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
lol Thanks. Daisy has always been a camera hog Lol.

What a gorgeous Wild Pogona! :love10: Looks to be either a vitticeps or barbata. Looks to be in shed as well. Probably about 1 year old I'm guessing.

Looks like a pretty healthy One too. :) But yes Jimmia probably would Grow up to a color similar to that.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
JIMMIA":1v9bh2w9 said:
you are welcome my friend :) I love the photo of Daisy and the hat :) jimmia and her could go on play dates lol :) I seen this today so would this possible be jimmia when older ? this was near the lake about 10 minutes away from where I live :)
98861-6572050904.jpg

I see these dragons occasionally so it could be potentially what she is :) and here we are like right now this present moment, she running around crazy and just chilling listening to music ;)
98861-6430908688.jpg
98861-6035890160.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Jimmia is very good with puffing her beard out lol.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":j3ps7708 said:

it's because watching my fingers when try take a photo as when I move my hand to take photo she watching that hand and I use my other to distract her so can hopefully get her to pose haha sorry

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
JIMMIA":1x68yghe said:
HippieLizards":1x68yghe said:

it's because watching my fingers when try take a photo as when I move my hand to take photo she watching that hand and I use my other to distract her so can hopefully get her to pose haha sorry
To be honest I wouldn't do that anymore because the beard flaring and open mouth is a defensive act and doing that actually can scare her and stress her out. So, I'd try to do that less if you want to build better trust with Jimmia. :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":2tk85ppk said:
JIMMIA":2tk85ppk said:
HippieLizards":2tk85ppk said:

To be honest I wouldn't do that anymore because the beard flaring and open mouth is a defensive act and doing that actually can scare her and stress her out. So, I'd try to do that less if you want to build better trust with Jimmia. :)

I do not do it intentionally, she just flares (beards) when try take photo or when I muck around and get down to her level, she is usually gentle and gives a little hiss when I pick her up first thing on morning or when I try take out old veg and fruit or when cleaning her tank, sorry :|

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Oh ok, I was confused, I thought you were intentionally trying to get her to flare her beard up. But if you aren't then that's ok. I Guess she is just showing you who the boss is. Lol.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
okay something weird happened for the first time, I know it's normal for a cat or dog to lick your skin to remove the salts but today I sprayed JIMMIA with one of those spray bottle things and she was licking my skin even though she has her own water in the tank :)

so question please - is it normal for her / them to do it? it's first time she has done it when spray her and did it for at least 2 minutes and she seemed try to have trusted me and than she let me Pat her whilst she was having a drink or lick lol :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yes, it is normal for them to do that sometimes when they are thirsty.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":on4amx3x said:
thank you :) and is it normal for her to occasionally tail whip? :)

Tail whipping is the response you can expect if the dragon feels a bit insecure when being picked up …. very good idea to ensure all 4 legs and the body from the bum to chest are well supported when picking up a dragon, they will feel well supported and relaxed then.

Can also mean "I was enjoying that (snuggle) and don't want to go back in my tank (yet)".

Can also mean - " I'm scared I'm going to be dropped by you ".

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1e5tkh9w said:
JIMMIA":1e5tkh9w said:
thank you :) and is it normal for her to occasionally tail whip? :)

Tail whipping is the response you can expect if the dragon feels a bit insecure when being picked up …. very good idea to ensure all 4 legs and the body from the bum to chest are well supported when picking up a dragon, they will feel well supported and relaxed then.

Can also mean "I was enjoying that (snuggle) and don't want to go back in my tank (yet)".

Can also mean - " I'm scared I'm going to be dropped by you ".

I will NEVER drop her, I won't even let her jump off my bed, but you might be right she probably tailed whipped so could get her balance back in my arm even though I didn't do anything, and not saying I know it all but I thought tail whip meant aggression so give other prey a warning, sorry but thank you anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom