question on havobator + please look over my plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
So the havobator has a water trough so to speak in it. This is supposed to control the humidity. but i have read that people also wet the vermiculit itself (which is inside of small containers that you put inside the havobator) i was just wondering if this is because the water in the container itself does not produce a high enough humidity level for the eggs. I have never used a havobator before (as i am just now going to try my hand at breeding when i get back from Iraq). here are my plans

I have a male german giant 22 inches long 650-680 grams (havent seen him in a few months as he is currently with a foster parent due to me deploying)
Two females 1 common cross 19 inches 400grams and one blood female 19.5 inches 530 grams
3 custom 3.5x2x19 inch tanks
3 trex mvb bulbs with domes
3 secondary small heat sources for cool side of tank
hand held temp gun plus 3 probe therms for inside of tanks
8 30 gallon rubbermaid containers for hatchlings
self sustaining colony of dubia roaches (feeding nymphs to hatclings) as well as phoenix worms for calcium/bone developement
beautiful dragons calcium powder and multivitamin w/ acidophilus
two havobators (due to possibly having multiple clutches from one breeding)
a seperate 50 gallon tank for the male and female to be introduced on (i am doing this for the neutrality of it so that neither beardie has their "personal" territory invaded)
20 gallon tub for lay box that i will put female in once i notice digging. (this will have its own uv/heat source for her for the short time she will be in there)
8 reptisun uv tubes + housing + 8 white household bulbs for heat for the hatchlings tanks
varius logs and rocks for basking within the hatchling tanks
all dragons will be tested for various diseases to include adenovirus prior to breeding
Let me know if i am leaving out anything

Thank you.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
25 views and no comments :?: cum on lol :study: someone give me some tips if im neglecting to notice anything lol

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like you are just about set. All you need is the eggs.

I tried feeding from my dubia coloney but, the babies killed it. I am still trying to get it to rebuild. By killed the dubia coloney. I mean by the end of the first month, I didn't have many babies that were the right size for them. They ate all the smaller ones so I basically had adults and babies that were way to small for them.

Your gonna wanna get some other food source for them.

BTW....not sure if this is going to help you but, I had 2 dubia coloney's into the thousands for each. I now have one Dubia coloney going into the thousands and I just started another one again to help me catch up. I just recently started feeding from the first one because I now have a good variety of sizes. But, I only have 12 mouths to feed and they are all different sizes.

Be careful with your coloney because it is going to be hit hard.....

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom