Question concerning Beardies coloring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idkman

So when a bearded dragon gets upset, scared, angry, etc they turn dark, puff up and the beard gets all black but what does it mean when they puff up with a black beard but instead of getting dark they get super light really fast? All I can find on what it means when a bearded dragon gets lighter is that it means they’re either hot, happy or sick.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They do change their color due to mood, temperature or hormonal reasons.
They are optimal temperatures if they lighten up most of the time. Black bearding for long
periods of time can mean he is in distress possibly or going through hormonal phases.
If you post some pictures we can take a look!

Tracie

Idkman

Original Poster
She was roaming around the house and I guess she got spooked (although I have no idea from what, the room didn’t change In any way and there was no one else in it but me) and puffed out with a black beard and lighter coloring. I’ve never seen her become light like that so I was just curious as to why she was light and not turning darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom