Question about stackable enclosures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiefreak101

Hatchling Member
First off, how do I make an enclosure stackable? Are there certain pegs made on the bottom that fit into slots on the top of the other or do you just set an enclosure on top of another? Is simply putting on top stable? I'm also reading that having them stacked makes the temperature uneven, the one on top of the bottom one hotter and the one in the middle the hottest of the 3. My question is how do I prevent this? Can I put something between the enclosures to make them separately controlled again?

FoothillBeardie

Hatchling Member
Take the bottom of the viv and make it 1/2" higher then the sides and the facia. And also make the back 1/2" higher then normal. You end up with a 1/2" gap of air space between the vivs and it looks like there is no gap. And if the vivs are built square theres no need for slots and grooves to hold them stacked. If your really worried about it get some metal brackets from home depot and screw the top of one to the bottom of the next.

SandyBear

We just put one enclosure on top of the other one. We put a sheet of non-slip drawer liner in between the two units, and that worked well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom