Question about Fluker's Repta-Aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbeardy1

Hi all!

Just registered here,been using this site for a while taking care of Ralph,my sister's 1 year old beardie.When I started taking care of him,he was only known as "the lizard",but he looked like a Ralph to me!!!In the past 5 months of this,I have found a lot of useful things,so I'm glad this site exists!This is my first beardie parenting experience,so this place is a godsend!

Anyway,Ralph has been kinda down lately.He's not eating much and seems quite listless.I give him baths and make sure he's comfy in his terrarium(substrate free I will add).He usually loves being rolled into a burrito and will sleep within minutes of me holding him.He's very sweet,he's never bearded on me,and will even lick me from time to time.But his behaviour lately is really concerning me.

I've scoured the database here looking to see what's wrong with him.This has been going on for just over a week.I was told it might be brumation and/or dehydration,the latter being the most prominent opinion.So my sister,who has raised quite a few beardies,monitors,and chameleons gave me some Fluker's Repta-Aid.I hear it does wonders.The only problem is,she can't find the measuring spoon(I do have the feeding syringe and medicine cup),so I am not sure what the spoon-to-water ratio is.I know he weighs about 5g's and I have the weight dosages printed out from the website(a full dose is .6cc's for his weight according to Fluker's Farms).

Can anyone who uses Repta-Aid let me know how much a spoonful is in cooking terms or something?I really want to try and see if it works,but I don't want to send Ralph into some sort of mineral-induced toxic shock!Thank you in advance!!! :D

jcbeardy1

Original Poster
Did I not post this in the right section of this forum? :|

Well,Ralph finally pooped in the middle of the night at some point,which I assume to be a good sign.He's still not moving around all that much though.In fact,I think the bowel movement is about as active as he's been for the last week and 1/2.I still want to try that Fluker's supplement.Could someone please help me with my question?

msmaui

Juvie Member
I'm sorry that I can't help with the dosage but you need to double check his weight. He has to weigh more than 5 grams if he's a year old.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
The measuring spoon is tiny, about a cm in diameter, and 2 mm deep. Just mix it up in a shot glass 1/8 or 1/4 of a teaspoon at a time and add enough water to make it a slurry the consistency of baby food, its about 1 to 1 I think. Use a syringe without a needle to squirt a little in his mouth at a time. You can also use chicken and butternut squash baby food mixed with calcium and vitamins to supplement his diet. Be sure to soak him in a bath at least once a day for 20 to 30 minutes to keep him hydrated. You can also drop water or water mixed with a little gatorade on his nose for him to lick off. Keeping him hydrated is most important, he wont be able to eat if he's not. Hope this helps! Good luck!

jcbeardy1

Original Poster
seadooz":8b4f2 said:
The measuring spoon is tiny, about a cm in diameter, and 2 mm deep. Just mix it up in a shot glass 1/8 or 1/4 of a teaspoon at a time and add enough water to make it a slurry the consistency of baby food, its about 1 to 1 I think. Use a syringe without a needle to squirt a little in his mouth at a time. You can also use chicken and butternut squash baby food mixed with calcium and vitamins to supplement his diet. Be sure to soak him in a bath at least once a day for 20 to 30 minutes to keep him hydrated. You can also drop water or water mixed with a little gatorade on his nose for him to lick off. Keeping him hydrated is most important, he wont be able to eat if he's not. Hope this helps! Good luck!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I'm gonna do that right away.He's dropped a bit of weight.My sister says that he is actually only about 9-10 months old,so I assume he's a little heavier than 5 grams,so I'll make sure to give him the proper doses and pick up some of that baby food.

I'll report back soon.Hopefully with good news!

that repti- aid is fantastic.. i used it just recently and with in 3 days my little valentino was about 75% better considering before i used i thought for sure he was ganna die so i hope it works for you and it probably like a 1/16 of a teaspoon so use like half of the 1/8 tea spoon and do like 1 1/2 ml in the syringe.. the only reason i dont like repti aid is that they dont describe the conversion that 1ml= 1 cc and im in nursing school so i know that but if you arent in some sort of medical career weather it be animals or people how woudl you know that i think it should be explains but other than that its fantastic

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
What kind of UVB source do you have? What are the temps like in your tank?
I wouldn't assume he is sick - most issues with dragons are because of husbandry issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom