Question about dusting with calcium vs calcium with d3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime

Hey folks,

Just getting my ducks in a row before I become the proud owner of a baby beardie.

I've purchased rep-cal with D3 and I have herptivite for my vitamins.

assuming the dusting schedule I found in the sticky:

Up to 1.5 years - calcium 5x per week / vitamins 2x per week (one(1) dusted feeding per day)
1.5 years + - calcium 3x per week / vitamins 1-2x per week (one(1) dusted feeding a day 4-5 days, 2-3 days nothing dusted)
Gravid female - calcium 5x per week / vitamins 2x per week (one(1) dusted feeding per day)
Sick dragon - Unable to dose, due to variables of illnesses

Up to 1.5 years butterworm/BSF larvae diet - calcium 2-3x per week / vitamins 2x per week
1.5 years + butterworm/BSF larvae diet - calcium 1-2x per week / vitamins 1-2x per week

Should I be on a dusting cycle that has a few days with calcium +3 and a few days with just regular calcium? The thread was a couple years old and I was a little unclear about whether it was safe to use rep-cal with d3 on a 5 day a week dusting schedule?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
You want it with D3 not just calcium, also when purchasing make sure it is Phosphorus free. Dust like schedule according to age, small is 5x a week 2 vitamins.

BigTime

Original Poster
Ok, so there's no danger of giving him too much d3 on that schedule? I think the rep cal brand is phosphorus free but I'll double check. Thanks for the info.

What kind of UVB bulb are you using as if you use a MVB D3 shouldn't be given 5 times a week as the MVB provides what the dragon needs of D3..But you should still provide the regular calcium in its place.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No there is no risk of overdosing D3. You'd have to overdose on the calcium 10 times over before you would see anything about too much D3.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom