Question about Calcium Supplement for Female

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I'm hoping this is in the right section, since it has to do with breeding, but also with health.

I'm wondering, I also breed crested geckos and was thinking of trying this, just wanna hear some advice from others also.

I've heard about these "T-Rex Bone Aid Drops" a bunch of times, and supposedly they're a major calcium supplement.

Would these work to help a female get an extra calcium boost before/after laying a clutch?

Because at only $7.00 a bottle, if that would work, it would be a really nice way to make sure a female maintains her calcium levels well after laying a very big clutch, know what I mean?

Thanks for any input,
Pat

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hi Pat, and Welcome to the Family !

Well, first off, what kind of UVB are you using over her ? If it is a ReptiSun 10.0 Tube then this is what you need:
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-supplements/105551/rep-cal-ultrafine-powder-calcium-with-vitamin-d3.html

However, if you are using a MVB (mercury vapor bulb) This is what you need :
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-health/105556/rep-cal-ultrafine-calcium-without-vitamin-d3.html

Normally, the amount to offer is a pinch 5 days a week on the salad and on the first insect feeding of the day for a juvenile/hatchling. With a breeding female, I
would keep to that , as she will need more than the normal adult. Also make sure you feed her a bit more. She'll need the extra food resources while in gestation.

Hope this helps out !
Janie.

KrazYKinetiK

Original Poster
Yep, I use a ReptiSUN 10.0, and I use that calcium (with D3)

I was just wondering, since that's a major calcium supplement, if that would be helpful for say, right after a clutch is laid, since it uses up so much of their calcium. :)

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Yes, if you are planning to breed her, use the juvenile dosage, and continue that until a month after the eggs have been laid. Also, be aware that a female can drop 2-3 clutches a year on average, some will drop as many as 6 a year.
So just keep an eye on her, and if she stays gravid, just stick to the 5 days a week dosage.
Janie.

clemento

I am using Calcii borogluconas 40% liquid which I put mine females when gravid direct in her mounth every day till they
lay eggs and I continue for a few days after laying...

As pure calcium dust source I am using Calcium citrat tetrahydrat which I dust on insects or greens.
As they have some gratet cuttlefish bone in their tanks which they can eat when they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom