Question about brumating and weight

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys been awhile sorry for the late replies but anyways my 2 beardies Amber and Chubbs are vastly different in the winter. My Amber is generally awake and will survey her surroundings and sometimes bask and eat. My Chubbs is a different story she will generally only be active if I wake her to give her a bath (water) and food but that's the only time she is active.

My vet said it's a normal routine for Chubbs to lose a few grams because she slows down significantly while Amber is always alert and semi-awake. Is this a normal thing for beardies during winter? Basically if I don't wake Chubbs up every 2 weeks she won't drink or eat sometimes she will drink water but have no appetite as well.

Just wanted to ask if it's a normal thing for some beardies

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys been awhile sorry for the late replies but anyways my 2 beardies Amber and Chubbs are vastly different in the winter. My Amber is generally awake and will survey her surroundings and sometimes bask and eat. My Chubbs is a different story she will generally only be active if I wake her to give her a bath (water) and food but that's the only time she is active.

My vet said it's a normal routine for Chubbs to lose a few grams because she slows down significantly while Amber is always alert and semi-awake. Is this a normal thing for beardies during winter? Basically if I don't wake Chubbs up every 2 weeks she won't drink or eat sometimes she will drink water but have no appetite as well.

Just wanted to ask if it's a normal thing for some beardies
Yes--

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My dragons sleep for 3-4 months straight through at around 62 degrees. They don't eat anything at all and lost at least 10-15 grams. In the wild that would be more natural but any way they go through it is O.K as long as they're healthy.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My dragons sleep for 3-4 months straight through at around 62 degrees. They don't eat anything at all and lost at least 10-15 grams. In the wild that would be more natural but any way they go through it is O.K as long as they're healthy.
My Chubbs will sleep all month if I let her but she will occasionally pop out of her hide think the longest she has stayed in her hide was around 3-4 weeks. Amber is different she seems to be content with 1-2 weeks max but on those days she comes down off her hide (she sleeps on top) is to poop.

With Amber I seize the opportunity and give her a bath and offer food (like today cuz she pooped)

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom