question about baths

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebbus

how often should my beardie that's about 7-8 inches be bathed and should i stat offerng him greens because as of now he been on a nice steady diet of dusted crickets.....also is there ne specific greens that baby beards will go for more often than others

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
I've had good luck with my little beardie feeding collards, mustards, dandilions, and others. Stay away from spinach and broccoli... Shredded squash is also a favorite.

Try feeding by hand or tongs. My girl is used to me feeding her supers and other food this way. She'll eat either way, but knows that the tongs = food on the end. The leaf or strip of squash gets tasted sooner if I do this. Otherwise she only checks out her salad bowl when she's really hungry and I'm not around...

Epic

Juvie Member
2-3 times a week minimum for baths. if you bathed him twice a day, every day, you could do no harm. start feeding greens now. your beardie may not touch them for a couple weeks, but will slowly pick up on it. feed your left over greens to the crickets!

dobby293

My BD would not eat greens for anything. I just kept putting them in the tank and he started to eat them. I started with cabbage because it stays green and does not wilt quickly. I know I'm going to be attacked for this but I put some meal worms in the salad to make it move.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
dobby293":78b7c said:
My BD would not eat greens for anything. I just kept putting them in the tank and he started to eat them. I started with cabbage because it stays green and does not wilt quickly. I know I'm going to be attacked for this but I put some meal worms in the salad to make it move.

Not attacked - but Meal Worms aren't good...
I used phoenix worms in the salad to encourage her, and it worked very well.

Epic

Juvie Member
also, babies don't usually eat that much greens. so he may be eating a little every day. just keep at it, and he'll get the point. make sure his greens are on the cool side of the tank. negativecreep had a good suggestion, use pheonixworms in the salad. maybe try silkworms too. what kind of dish are you feeding from? could it be too deep? can he see his greens from his basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom