PW + Silkie = nightmares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
OK, I have a pretty tough stomach. Yet I still get a little creeped out with all the crawly critters I get for my dragons (water dragon and beardie) that inlcudes crickets (no more!), dubias (love them!), silkies, PWs, Butter Worms, Wax Worms, etc.

So I feed my guys from a small dish with slick sides that the silkies and PW can't get out of. I put a Silkie in with my Water Dragon and as usual, he ripped it in half. This time, the head end was still alive, but the picky WD did not want to finish it off. So I tossed in a dozen small PWs into the dish with the wounded silkie. YIKES! Those things attacked that silkie like you wouldn't beleive. They were feeding off the ooze and guts on the wounded end. Soon one or 2 forced their way INTO thd body cavity of the still alive silkie. You could see them moving around and bulging at times as if trying to come out the little leg stumps and stuff (Alien anyone?). Eventually the WD came in and ate them all, but not before the silkie was all but eaten from the inside out. :puke:

invictusrules

Juvie Member
I'm not sure which is more disturbing... the fact that you described the scenario in such vivid terms or the fact that I enjoyed the description! EWWWWHAHAHA! :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

dawnki

Juvie Member
gross.

Last night one of the silkies fell off the feeding rock in bruno's viv and a dubia roach that is hanging out in there started to eat it. A little nibble at a time. It was gross and I felt sorry for the wormie but didn't catch it in time to remove it before it was half eaten. :puke:

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
That is gross :puke: I once had a couple of locusts in George's viv and one was shedding and the other locust dragged it off and was trying to eat it :shock: .

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Oh.My.Goodness. I would have so called the boys in to take a look at that. We'd call that science class (we homeschool) and been done for the day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom