puting another famale in with lola?? questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
hi..
I just want some info on putting another female beardie in with the girl I have? is it ok to do that? I think that lola is really lonely all she does is sleep all day.. when I get her out she is fine running about and I have tried everything I can think of she has been to the vet and he gave her a clean bill of health (she had a vitamin injection) she was been wormed in the last 3months.. her temps r bang on cold end apox 80c basking spot sits at apox 95 - 100c .. she hasn't eaten for about 4months but hasn't lost any weight.. I thought it might be brumation so I left her to sleep with the lights off but the weather has warmed up so people r saying its not brumation she UVB tube is an arcadia euro 10% tube (equivalent to the 12% in America) and I have only had it 2months .. she is on reptile carpet I put her in the bath the other day after we sat out in the sun for 2hours and she had a little poo.. which was suprising as she hasn't eaten anything in 4months.. I have a lady that has a girl the same age as lola she said I could have her on a trial basis to see how she gets on.. I just want some advice if possible

many thanks

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its not generally recommended to keep any dragons together but 2 females have the best chance of it working out. You do have to be prepared for the worse, I have seen females kill other females. I had one girl who hated every other dragon, regardless of gender.
I would start by having your friend bring her dragon over for a visit and see how they get along. If either try to attack or bite, I wouldn't try any more interaction. If they seem ok, let them hang out for awhile together.
You would have to watch them very, very close for any signs of trouble and also keep in mind that if your girl is ill, she could pass it to the new one.

Has she been tested for adenovirus? Did the vet do any bloodwork? What meds did the vet give for worms? There should be a reason for her behavior besides being bored. Dragons are solitary by nature and don't get lonely.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":1oy0aepc said:
Its not generally recommended to keep any dragons together but 2 females have the best chance of it working out. You do have to be prepared for the worse, I have seen females kill other females. I had one girl who hated every other dragon, regardless of gender.
I would start by having your friend bring her dragon over for a visit and see how they get along. If either try to attack or bite, I wouldn't try any more interaction. If they seem ok, let them hang out for awhile together.
You would have to watch them very, very close for any signs of trouble and also keep in mind that if your girl is ill, she could pass it to the new one.

Has she been tested for adenovirus? Did the vet do any bloodwork? What meds did the vet give for worms? There should be a reason for her behavior besides being bored. Dragons are solitary by nature and don't get lonely.

no he didn't do blood work and my local reptile shop wormed her for me ... while I have u how can I get a fecal done if she has no poop.. would it be blood tests?

Gail

BD.org Addict
No, you need poo for a fecal. I do believe a vet can swab the vent to try and get a sample but its not terribly reliable. Could you get her to eat any baby food or other soft foods?
The blood tests would be to see if all her organs are functioning properly.
Any way you can find out what kind of meds the pet store gave her? Some anti parasite meds that are safe for other animals can be harmful for reptiles.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":1fy4dlob said:
No, you need poo for a fecal. I do believe a vet can swab the vent to try and get a sample but its not terribly reliable. Could you get her to eat any baby food or other soft foods?
The blood tests would be to see if all her organs are functioning properly.
Any way you can find out what kind of meds the pet store gave her? Some anti parasite meds that are safe for other animals can be harmful for reptiles.

It wasnt a pet store it was a reptile shop and they worm all there own beardies so I am not worried about that but I do see what u mean .. I really dont know what else to do all she does is sleep all day... I was advised by the vet to syringe feed her but she hated it and I didnt like doing it.. I tried baby food but she waasnt interested.. Pleaseeeeeee help me on what to do.. Im so worrieed and everey1s suggestions dont work >:) thank u for getting back to me

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Have you tried PMing a moderator? I've had a lot of help from them when my boy want doing so well. Maybe you should try diamc or Drache613 they may be able to offer you some good advice.

I'm sorry for all you're going through. Please keep us updated on Lola.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your dragon isn't acting this way because she is lonely.
Putting another dragon in with her is just going to make her way worse.

-Brandon

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry...I didn't want to say it but I really agree with Brandon. I think there is something else going on here...

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I agree. She is not acting like this out of loneliness. They are solitary animals. If she hasn't eaten in 4 months, a vet visit might be in order.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi every1.. im sooo happy.. i didnt put another beardie in with lola after what every1 said and i have been working hard to get her back to the bubbly self she was b4 this all started.. and im pleased to announce she has finally started to EAT!!! hurrayyyyyyy i took out her hid so she couldnt sleep all day and fingers crossed all is going well.. she has eat for the last 3days in a row she even had a locust today all by herself!! her favorite is the morfed meal worm (what they turn into b4 bugs) and she has has some apple aswell.. she loves a little bit of apple.... i have been dripping water on her nose and getting her out for a couple of hours a day and when the sun is nice and hot she has a run around on the garden ... she really seems to be on the up and up.. im so pleased.. i feel terrible for taking out her hide but i now have to be cruel to be kind :evil: .... u cant imagin how happy i am she is getting better.. thanks for all ya advice x :blob8:

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KristineM":1jkfiirx said:
That's wonderful news!! Good work!! Keep us posted on her progress!

i will il post a piccy of her eating when i can . she is a shy eater and wont eat if u watch her as soon as you look away.... gone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom