Purple Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi beardie family, When I got my Gizmo I noticed that his/her's feet were purple, is this a normal thing? Yesterday I took Gizmo to the vet and he got a clean bill of health and I got the bill ($84) It was worth it. To know my baby is doing good but still not eating the veggies! I pointed out my babies purple feet and the vet had no explanation for this anomaly. She suggested that it might be the ground cover of his habitat, negative on that, when I purchased gizmo from the store he was on plain gray gravel. At home he resides on a fine super soft cloth, the kind you use to clean delicate glass. Well if anyone has an idea about this purple feet thing give me a holler, please don't suggest that his dad is barney the dinosaur, Ha, Ha,. Merry Christmas and a super New Year to to all on bearded Dragon .org.... :lol:

kio

:mrgreen: Thats good to know he is completely healthy. The veggies are normal for young or any bearded dragons to not eat veggies because they don't really like things that dont move. It just depends on the beardie and his/her personality if you wanna try to get them to eat wiggle the veggies above their head. The purple feet is probably from purple sand, beardies usually come through breeders and stores so it just depends. The purple feet should be gone after he/she sheds. No need to worry!

ryback

Hatchling Member
There are green and purple dragons from super trans gene. It isn't a translucent look to the feet is it. I agree if you have a baby shedding will happen very soon. That would be the only way to know if your healthy guy just came off something purple. I have seen so many gene beardies even a pic of a albino beardie. If you got it from a store then I doubt that would be why the gene. Hypos and trans aren't cheap with what I seen online.

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Yes she's shed-ed three times since I've had her and she's still very purple in fact it's quite bright. So she's a special dragon? Well she's still very special too me she's my kid... :shock:

ryback

Hatchling Member
You very well most likely have a special one there. Are all the feet purple and you notice any scales. If there isn't any scales you most likely have a trans. There are beardies with no scales called silkbacks. Breeders or something have developed these genes and heard about much more. There are a lot of good people here that are considered vets but experts be better way put it. Photo may do you some good with your kiddo here. I have seen baby beardies with pinky like colored feet.

worth.gif

I would really like to see this beardie! 8)

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
OK YOU GOT IT! I just got my digital camera today in the mail let me read the ***** manual and pop the disk in to load the driver and all that tech stuff, bear with me on this one I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I've been waiting for this moment to show off my baby. so stay tuned. I will also send a private message to the ones who really need to see it, lol Charles :shock:

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Got the camera running and have downloaded some pic's not the finest quality what do you expect when you pay a dollar for a digital camera, if any one know's how to post them on this site email me! Like I said their on my computer but? know what? :banghead:

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Well I'm trying just downloaded a pic from my computer to this site but couldn't open it to see what it was or even looked like! I need to take a break and concentrate on how to view pic's before I send them to this site or any other site,, break time even gizmo has given up and is fast asleep on my keyboard, if any one know's how to do this stuff email me a private message. Thank's

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Yes they ARE PURPLE! no joke, they get a really bright purple after she shed's which she has done twice since I've had her. I got a very cheap ($1) digital camera yesterday and took some pic's (for those doubting Thomas"s out there) because a pic is worth a thousand word's! One problem with this dollar camera is it's low pixel rating. So Im not going to wast my time downloading pic's that you can barely see the purple feet (because in real life they are as bright as day!) Another problem (head ache) is downloading pic's to this site! For one thing you have to wait for the editor to deem them OK for the site, well how long doe's that take??? I downloaded a pic yesterday and can't locate it in the 6,839 pic's on this web site, of course I quit looking after page 33. I will load one more pic tonite to the site and see what transpires. I promise to get those pic's for you of my baby's feet by purchasing a digital camera worth more than a dollar, if anyone know's how I can download pic's from my cell phone or android tablet please send me a private message thank's dragon family, special thank's to snazzyglasses :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom