puffy black beard-gaping-swoop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcor33

Juvie Member
hello, im a new beardie owner, and have a concern/question!! Falcor is about 2-3 months old now.

i have no idea how to explain what i saw this morning... and i don't know if its good or bad??? i know beardies puff though.

Falcors (she i presume) beard puffed out, and then she did this HUGE mouth gape and violently bobbed her head in a downward motion, ALL AT ONCE. It scared me, it almost looked like she was choking, or trying to puke? then she just sat there, and a few seconds later, did it again. She's never done this before, so i just want to make sure everythings ok?

Do bearded dragons burp, or sometimes suffer from gas? LOL!!!!

She's just sitting there now like nothing happened, was this just a show of dominance or aggression? or maybe she was angry at me, and wanted out of her cage? She's all alone, no other beardies btw!

She did this early this morning, i'm never up this early, she's always up before me cause of the timer setting. Could it be she was just mad, i was invading her morning time??? LOL!!! maybe i interupted her morning routine?

She's perfectly happy & healthy, white belly, eats & poops a plenty, so just wanted to know if anyone elses beardie has done this....it was just soooo weird and freaky???? help???? am in just over-reacting? maybe she is a he? i still cant tell, does it take longer to tell the sex in some beardies? cause i've looked at pics and i think falcor is a she....

Litakat

Hatchling Member
Dave has taken to puffing his beard out and opening his mouth wide in what sounds like much the same fashion as yours, just not really any head bobbing. He didn't always used to do this, just seems to do it at random when I'm watching. He seems perfectly happy too though.

MeatHead

Hatchling Member
Meathead will do that in the morning after she gets up in her hammock to warm up. She will stretch out her beard and puff up and bob her head. Maybe Falcor was just doing her morning stretches?

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i think you are both correct!!!

falcor is just fine now, she hasnt done that since this morning, i think that's all it was!!!

PHEW!!!! i know if i was a beardie dragon i'd be intimidated! LOL!! sure freaked me out!! :shock:

thanks guys, i love this place :) :) :)

Twobeardieguy":5994b said:
You think that was intimidating just wait until you see the eye bulge!!! :D

its funny you say that the other day my sparky was basking and all of a sudden i look at him and his eyes are closed and like bulging out of his head...lol..i was freakin out so i opened his cage and picked him up then he looked at me like dude what are you doing..lol...its a very weird sight to see...my gizmo does the whole gapping and beard puff and head bob also but only before she goes to sleep

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Congratulations.... you have just experienced a yawn, beardie-style. :love5:

My big girl does this every morning. Gotta love 'em.

Jacqui

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
WOW is all i can say
My New little one TE-BOY (2 months old) did this yesterday morning.
I am usually gone when he wakes up but been on vacation all week.
As i got up before TE-BOYS lights came on i was drinking my cup of cofee
and look at Te-BOY as lights first came on.
He is finally getting a little beared.
All of a sudden he started puffin his beared in and out for at least a minute.
Freaked me out . :?:
I guess the morning stretching make since now.
He ate about 20 crickets shortly after and was fine all day
Beardies you gotta love them .They sure like to keep you guessing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom