Puffing up in the bath tub??

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezybri

So I gave Thaddeus his second bath today and since the first time I figured out he actually likes bath time. I made the water a tad warmer so it would last longer and a bit deeper since he really liked to splash in it last time. Well this time he played and drank and pooped and did the normal beardie stuff but I noticed every now and again he would puff up and then shrink down... is this normal??? He then made a funny noise at me after he puffed up, don't even know how to describe it. It was almost a squishy squeak. Most likely just being paranoid... but I want him to be happy and healthy and to like me.

Puffy
139.jpg

Shrunk
140.jpg

Cuddle time after bath :)
142.jpg

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
aw he's lovely! yeah thats normal, they puff themselves up to be able to float in the water :D

curtbone123

Juvie Member
:lol: :lol: im sorry i had to laugh cuz mine does the samething as yours when i put Nino in the bath tube he will try to climb up the tub and get out of it now its getting to a point when i take him a bath he flares his beard up and his whole beard becomes chorcoal black and puffs his self up :lol: he felt like a balloon when i took him out the bath tub he was so mad with me he made a little hissing type noise but it sounded real low not loud or he might open his mouth a little to tell me he doesnt like being in the bath tub but thats normal thats nothing to worry about most beardies do that when they feel scared and cant get out so your alright once you take him out he will go right back to his normal state :) you can still get him to like you he just not a big fan of water thats all just like my beardie he gets mad at me for puttin him in the tub but after i take him out he becomes normal he sleeps on me like a baby and just keep petting him to make him feel comfortable around you its all about bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom