Puff not eating today

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Hi all--I brought my bearded baby home Sunday. They told me he was 4 weeks old. Sunday evening he ate 5 or 6 crickets. I left him to bask for two hours after that. Yesterday he ate a total of 10 crickets...small ones. They are the right size for him according to the distance between his eyes. He had a warm bath yesterday and several mistings. He also had a small poo yesterday...a bit smaller than a hamster poo. It was brown and white and solid.
Today he will not eat his crickets. I have tried twice now to get him to eat. I feed him in a small container so that the crickets aren't left to run around in his viv if he doesn't eat. He is very awake and alert and his color is very good. I'm just worried about him not eating today, but don't want to try to force feed him and stress him out. He also had a warm bath today that he really enjoyed. And I just noticed that he has some shedding skin on both sides of face right below his eyes. Should I take it off? or let it come off on its own?
please advise on the not eating today. I'm just wondering if it's the stress of being in a new environment catching up with him and if he just needs a day to really rest and be left alone, and yet I realize that babies need to eat 3 times a day due to their metabolism. Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this and answer. I really love this little guy and want to do everything right for him.
Cindy

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Cindy like I mentioned before your baby is still going thru relocation stress an probably won't eat that well. Plus they also get a bit grumpy when they are shedding this can also lower their appetite. Do not remove the shed you can however lightly rub that area and the part that is ready should fall off. The baths will help the shed along too.

***Something that I've noticed for along time that I don't hear other's saying anything about, but yet I see it happen not just with mine but with other's new beardies too.

Relocation stress seems to set in on days 3 to 4 more so than on the first day or 2.
Maybe I'm crazy but this is what I've observed.

As long as Puff is alert an active I wouldn't worry just yet give him alittle more time.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much Barbara--you've calmed my worry :) He is active. In fact he just climbed down off his basking spot and is exploring his home right now. I put some fresh chopped collard greens in there while he is exploring and am just going to try to not bug him too much today, but will try him with crickets again early this evening, and give him another warm bath. I truly think too that the relocation stress is just now hitting him. he is really watching my every move right now, and if I move he gets pretty jumpy, so I'm just trying to stay far away and observe from afar and let him check out his world. I can't wait til he realizes that he is safe with me and is ready for loves and cuddles!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom