Puff is refusing to eat his dubia in favor of superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
What would you do? He will refuse the dubia but then if you offer superworms, he will eat and eat and eat, usually. I offered 1 dubia, he refused. Offered 1 superworm, he chowed it down. Offered 1 dubia again, nope!

He has been eating dubia since he arrived here with no issues until the arrival of the superworms. :?:

Thanks for any advice!

I should add that he is just about 12" long (not a big guy, so I do like it when he chows down on his food!)

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Sounds like the problem i had with mine when he wanted nothing but reptiworms when i switched back to crickets after i ran out. With mine i just had to keep trying over and over until finally after not eating for a while he was hungry enough to eat a few crickets then the next day he ate a few more and before i knew it he had forgotten about the worms and was back to normal. Also you shouldnt feed him superworms until hes about 15in long and just like mealworms they tend to get addicted to them very easily. I would cut supers out of his diet for a while.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've been trying to find out why about the size requirement for the supers. They are baby supers, and my breeder gave me the okay (she sent them to me for him to try). I was hoping we could have an even mix of dubia and supers, but Puff has other ideas!

Cinder9

Juvie Member
The baby ones would be ok to feed him i suppose but given your situation with the addiction he has to them i wouldnt continue doing so. I would definetly stick with dubias. They are an excellent feeder especially for younger dragons who are still growing, plus they breed like theres no tomorrow.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My Puff has an addiction. :lol:

Now these supers are going to get MASSIVE in the meantime, I bet. I am shivering just thinking about it. Then again, I'd take massive supers over massive dubia. I want to buy another dragon to help eat all of the bugs!

Cinder9

Juvie Member
And were having an intervention :D you wont be at any real loss with the supers, theyre pretty cheap so theres no dent in your pockets. If they stay small enough you can give em to him as a treat but not more than 1 or 2 every week or so or he might relapse haha. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom