PROLAPSE NO VET HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rin0425

Hatchling Member
Hi, i previously posted about my veardie who is laying eggs, its now day 4 with 13 eggs laid and 6 more coming. She was straining with another and seems to have prolapsed the egg while still in the ovaduct tissue. I was able to gently slide the entire egg and tissue back into her cloaca and with a warm bath she has perked up. The egg is past her pelvis and just behind the opening. Because its christmas I have no vet that can help her, ive tried everywhere. Tomorrow I have my vet who will see her. What can I do in the mean time?
Please help if you have any ideas. Thanks
Aaron

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Aaron,

Ooh, that is really a sticky situation.
So, did the egg literally burst? Or, is it intact still?
I am not sure that I would try to pull the egg out because you could rupture the egg which could cause her harm.
A warm bath could possibly help, & keeping her extra warm at night might help.
Have you been providing UVB lighting & extra calcium for her? She should not be straining like that unless she has an irregularly shaped egg that is having a hard time passing through.
Try to keep her calm until you can get her to the vets for analysis. An x-ray would be good & they could give oxytocin as well to help induce further labor.

Good luck & keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom