Problem with hair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I have three cats and two dogs on top of my lizards... although we do weekly cleaning, my room seems to get the most of it- both dogs sleep in there. I keep stevie, my armadillo lizard in there, and my two leos. The leo's tank is on top of a two tier book shelf, and I have noticed some hair building up on top of the tank, and few hairs in their tank. Nothing I worry about, because by the time its enough to notice, I clean their tank. Stevies tank, on the other hand, is up on top of a three tier bookshelf. His tank gets a lot of hair built up on top, and noticeable amount inside. Anyone have any suggestions to stop this? I think its because the ceiling fan... Anyone else have this problem? My house isnt dirty, just some spots build up more hair than others. I clean his tank about every 5 days, so its not like I see it and let it go unnoticed. Help?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Don't take this out of context "I have three cats and two dogs on top of my lizards" LOL JK :wink:

Does his enclosure have a screen mesh lid?

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hahaha worded that wrong.. hehe
yes, he has a mesh screen lid. its the hard metal kind, not soft window screen.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
bambichik39":3n38aqlz said:
hahaha worded that wrong.. hehe
yes, he has a mesh screen lid. its the hard metal kind, not soft window screen.

You could get some window screen and place it over cut out or avoid higher heat areas, this would reduce the amount inside making your life easier.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Just put saran wrap over the top <--- sarcasm do not do this ;)

A finer screen should do the trick though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom