Problem with feeding! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Well my beardy will not eat anying with calcium powder on it, and now he wont eat when I put vitamin powder on his bugs :shock:
For the last week he has had no interest in crickets and he was not very happy about me putting vitamin powder on his super worms :(
He never eats his veges by himself, I have to hand feed him :| I'm hopping he will eat his worms when I don't put anything on them tomarow.
He is about two and a half years old.
I tried horn worms and pheniox worms and he seemed to like them at first, but not so mutch later and he did not digest them very well :(
So should I just not feed him for a few days and see if he gets hungry then :?: What do I do if he just wont eat anything anymore :?:

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm. As long as he's hydrated enough and your UVB is good and your basking temp is at least 95*F so he can digest, maybe your beardie's tummy flora is just "off" for some reason? That can cause appetite issues. You could try probiotics, either a supplement or non-dairy soy yogurt. (My big guy stopped eating for no apparent reason a while ago; we gave him some soy yogurt one afternoon and he ate his bugs like a pig the next day. I don't know what could have gotten his tummy flora out of whack, but the yogurt apparently fixed it! :))

ynevar

Juvie Member
I had one that would only eat dusted bugs for a while. She figured out she wasn't going to get them every single time. AFTER a bit... lol

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well Basil did not seem to want his super worms today :( He ate them after a while though :|
I have one left so thats all I'm going to give him. It may be that I've been over feeding him lately, I guess i'm comparing how much he would eat when he was still growing. It is right that beardys eat less live food when they are all grown up :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom