Probiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoi's been on antibiotics (.14ml of baytril once daily and .32ml of cephelaxen twice daily) for 3 weeks now due to an abscess and tail rot surgery, and I think it's really starting to bother her stomach. I want to give her something to help, it breaks my heart to see her feeling so yucky.

I've seen in other posts that soy yogurt can provide acidophilous, but no one suggests an amount. At her last appointment she weighed about 550 grams. I'm currently syringe feeding her 2 teaspoons of squash with a bit of pumpkin mixed in, and her calcium/vitamin suplement. I've also been encouraging her to eat her bugs (1 cricket today, after lots of coaxing)

Her viv is set up right, new 10 uvb/uva florecent light in January, cool temp around 85, and basking area around 105.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As far as the non dairy soy yogurt, you can give up to 1mls daily, that should be sufficient, but if you did give more that wouldn't hurt her any. She should like the flavor of it.
The Ceftz is hard on the system & their tummies! Is it helping her tail issues though I hope?
It sounds like her appetite is still there but not as much as it could be. You can get some bee pollen also to help with her appetite & immune system too.

Let us know how Zoi is doing.

Tracie

ValeskaRose

Original Poster
Her tail looks really good, I think the antibiotics are more for the abscess on her toe. She's been much perkier today, but I got her some yogurt for her anyhow. I think she just likes to watch me panic.

She goes in for a re-check on Saturday, hopefully things will look good and we can stop with the meds and leave her foot unwrapped. She hasn't had a bath since her surgery 3 weeks ago, and she needs a good scrub :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, at least the antibiotics are working some for her.
Good, she should enjoy the soy yogurt though & it will most definitely help her tummy out! Oh they do love to worry us.
I am sure she will be happy to have a bath after a few weeks!
Let us know how she is doing & how the vet visit goes.

Tracie

ValeskaRose

Original Poster
The Dr said her toe was looking good, so she left it unwrapped :D but the stitches need to stay a little longer. No more Cephelaxin, but she's still on Baytril. She's been eating much better, so I think the yogurt might have helped, but I might have been over doing the squash puree... She gained 15 grams in 2 weeks... Oops :oops:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news the toe is looking much better now! :D
Hopefully you can get the stitches out soon then. I am happy she has been eating well & even gained some weight while she was ill. The yogurt helped her out quite a bit.
How much longer will she be on the Baytril?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom