Princess Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
**************************************************************************************
Update: Page 7 - Princess Aurora 8/30/13
**************************************************************************************

We got a second bearded dragon just a few days ago, so I thought I would start her thread.
Last Saturday we went to the Steel City Reptile Expo with the sole intention of getting stocking up on crickets. Well...let's just say it ended up not being like that completely. We started walking around looking at the the different reptiles that were there. Eventually we had come to one of the breeders that was at the last show. Surprising she actually knew who we were. She was telling us about the beardies. My husband asked to hold one of them, which was a girl, and that was it. We asked how much, and she said $100 which was very reasonable considering the type of dragon we got. We asked the woman if we could go think for a few minutes. We decided to get her. Since we had nothing for her, we got her what we could at the show; heat bulb, reptisun 10.0, basking/house thing,
crickets and a reptile carrier because the lady wanted to put her in a cereal box and tape it. We had a few more things to do after the show, so we took her to my brother in laws for about an hour. On the way home we tried to figure out names, My husband thought of Sparks or Spyro and I thought of Venus. Then all the sudden my husband thought of the name Aurora and we both felt that was perfect. Since we didn't get home until late, we stuck her in a small tank just for the night. We got up early the next morning and with the remaining money we had, we got her a 40gal breeder tank, a tree, thermometers (also measure humidity) food/water dishes, and non adhesive shelf liner, plus went to pick some more crickets. So here are her specs...
Name: Aurora
Size: 12-13in
Morph: Citrus Tiger/Orange Trans
Here is what the breeder wrote to me because I didn't understand what the trans meant.
"The mom dragon is the orange transluscent dragon with black eyes. That means your girl is 100 % het. [ carries the gene ] for trans. The dad is the Citrus Tiger"

Before I post pics of Aurora, I want to post a pic of her parents.
Here is Aurora's mom
Aurorasmom2.jpg

And here is Aurora's dad
Aurorasdad1.jpg

And now here are some pics of Aurora. These were taken with a phone camera which doesn't do her justice.
IMAG1115.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1125.jpg

IMAG1124.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1117.jpg

IMAG1116.jpg

Well, the pics for now. She's a really sweet girl, but she's driving Yoshi crazy. They are in different parts in the same room but apparently can still see each other. Yoshi is all calm until he sees Aurora then all heck breaks loose. He runs around his cage, knocks over his thermometers and does alot of head bobbing. They both like to sit in there trees and look at each other from afar. hehe.
Alrighty, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed the pics and learning about Aurora. Will post more pics soon. :)

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This is Aurora's Birthday Pic. She is 9 months old today. Happy Birthday Princess. :)
IMAG0175.jpg

Aurora is still doing well and growing. She's had a few experiences since I updated her thread last. She also got to go in the window sill for the first time. She seemed to enjoy it and just sat and stared out at the world outside. Her and Yoshi have also both got to try a treat of wax worms. They both seem to like them. We haven't gotten to take Aurora outside yet, because the weather needs to warm up more. While we were at Petco getting Yoshi's pic taken, we did buy a harness and as soon as the weather warms up, we will be taking them each to the park.
Anyway, here are some pics that have been taken over the past few weeks. A lot of them look very similar but I just couldn't help taking them because she's just so adorable. :D

Here are the window sill pics
IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

In the Tree
IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

I just love the head tilts lol
IMAG0173.jpg

Sitting on Daddy's lap
IMAG0162.jpg

Diggin into her viggies
IMAG0092.jpg

Showing the dragon statue who is boss LOL
IMAG0145.jpg

She was getting ready to jump in this pic. We think she may be part frog LOL
IMAG0154.jpg

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It has been about a month and a half since I've posted any updates on Aurora. On May 5th, she turned 10 months old. Yesterday she shed some of her tail which means more shedding will probably be in the near future. She is still a sweetheart, but she can also be very hyper. She runs around her viv moving the rocks and knocking over the thermometers. We did take her outside, but it didn't go quite as well as Yoshi's time outside. Aurora wasn't too happy with the type of harness we had her on. Eventually we want to order Aurora and Yoshi ones from ooglepets. She gets so eager for feeding time. Yesterday as I was putting the crickets in her viv for her, she slightly got the tip of my finger trying to get a cricket. She is also very smart. I'm not sure how Aurora does it, but somehow she knows when it's very close to feeding time as she will be sitting by the wall of her viv staring out as if saying, "Okay...I'm ready for noms now."
Anyway, here are a bunch of pics that I've taken over the past few weeks. Some of them may look very similar, but I couldn't help it as she's so adorable. <3 Enjoy :)

This is my cave
IMAG0181.jpg

Posing...I love the head tilt
IMAG0179.jpg

I wuv youuu!
IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

I just love that little face
IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

Say ahhhhhh
IMAG0191.jpg

Lookin at something
IMAG0223.jpg

Okay...you can take my picture now
IMAG0222.jpg

Hanging out on Daddy's bean bag chair
IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

Princess Pancake lol
IMAG0243.jpg

These are my dishes
IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

Smile!
IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

She heard a lawn mower start
IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

I can see everything from my tree
IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

What's down there?
IMAG0338.jpg

Beardie or Monkey? You decide. lol
IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
She is so flipping cute. I love how inquisitive she is (nosy^.^), and the gap smiles are my favourites! <3<3<3

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you Menolly :)

We've had quite a few people tell us that also. She definitely is expressive and curious. I love the gape smiles too <3

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aurora is doing well; eating good and as hyper as ever. She is now a little over 11 months old. Here are some pics that I took over the past few weeks. Enjoy. :)

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0537.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

jings55

Hatchling Member
She's so pretty and expressive. Makes me wonder what our new little one will turn out like! Stryker is almost 5 months old. :)

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you jings55 :) That's the awesome thing about beardies. They are such a gift because they always have ways of surprising us with different things like their colors and personalities.

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The princess is a year old! Her birthday has already past, but I finally have time to update her thread. On November 5th 2011, we saw the prettiest little girl beardie and brought her into our lives. And she took hold of our hearts. She was 4 months old when we got her. Aurora is such an energetic spunky little girl who is our little sweet cuddle bug. We think she also likes to tease Yoshi and Grendel by the way she acts. lol Out of all our beardies, she is the one who is not picky about food. She flies/jumps up at her dish no matter what you give her. And she is a good little hunter when it comes to crickets. She's our little princess and we think she knows it. :) Just like for Yoshi, I also plan to make a video montage of her pics and some vids over the past year. When they are complete, I will share them on here. For now, here are just a few pics I've managed to get. Hope you enjoy. :)

Doing some leg stretches
IMAG0605.jpg

Sittin pretty
IMAG0613.jpg

Dontcha just love this face
IMAG0615.jpg

I think she's trying to see Yoshi
IMAG0634.jpg

Lounging in the tree
IMAG0636.jpg

Another sitting pretty pose
IMAG0639.jpg

Hahahaha I'm gonna get youuuuu! lol
IMAG0642.jpg

Gapey-smile
IMAG0643.jpg

jings55

Hatchling Member
Happy Birthday, Aurora!!! :blob5:

She is so cute and so expressive!

It looks like her color changed? :?

I like your tank set up. How big is her tank? Where did you find her cave and tree? I seem to be a little limited where we live.

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Not really anything new to report. I just thought I'd post a couple pics of Aurora from the past few days. :)

IMAG0669.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0683.jpg

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
She's turning into quite the lovely young lady. The pebbley pattern on her back is gorgeous. I'm sort of tied between three photo favourites in the last set. I'm a big lover of the open gaped mouth grins, but the tucked in sleepies one is a heart stealer. It's a tie between "Oh hair dere, Momma!" and "Nighttime Cuddles." She just looks so excited, but I do so love me some end of night beardie snuggles.... They have so many phases of cute! :love5:

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much Jings, Menolly and Kaylorin :)

Jings, her tank is a 40gal breeder and we got the cave, rocks and tree from Petsmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom