Pretty sure my 2 month old has tail rot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbolish

Hey guys so I've my little guy has had a tiny, almost unnoticeable kink at the tip of his tail. I've noticed it seems slightly darker in shade towards the tip. I feel like this might be tail rot but would like a more experienced beardie owner to chime in. Thank you very much for any help guys!
89019-1358195027.jpg
89019-6949624247.jpg
89019-9807865675.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't appear to be tail rot, but looks darker like it's going to shed. There is a slight little nip at the end, did it get pinched?
I would get some raw unpasteurized honey or antibiotic ointment to put on the end of the tail in case there is some infection going on. If there is, it is very minimal. How long has it looked like this?
Is he eating very well right now?

Tracie

Jumbolish

Original Poster
Thanks for your response Tracie! And he's had that nip since I got him from the breeder. Probably a nip from one of his siblings. I've had him for about 2 weeks and he just started eating three times a day after some acclimating, now at almost 30 feeders a day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome!
Sure, the tail nips are very common indeed. Does it look like it is staying the same?
Go ahead & try treating it, maybe it will help it heal up sooner.
It sounds like he is starting to settle in, now with his appetite picking up too. It just takes time for them to get adjusted to a new home.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom