Preserving shed skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaragon

I know this is way too weird and crazy, but do you guys save your beardie's shed skins? I got my baby beardie 6 months ago, and I have been saving his skins in a plastic tupperware just for fun, and when I look back at the older ones, they are so small and cute! You can totally see how he has been growing...

But I think these skins will eventually get too dry and crumble to pieces. So I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to preserve them... You know how some people press flowers to make a bookmark or greeting card? I was thinking to do something like that, and add them to my family album... What do you think?

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
I never saved dragon skins, but I do save my snakes skins, i'm going to put them in a photo album and label which skin is who's and when it was shed.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Actually I think I know of a way. You use mineral oil to keep it preserved. I have had it where I put mineral oil on my beardies there skin sheds seem to not fall apart. Especially if it is a part from there back since that is a part that does not bend allot.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
i used to collect,it was fun but then it started taking up to much space and the littlest one was lost.still, it is a cute this to do!!! :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'd kept all of Pookie's shedded skin in snack sized plastic bags, each marked with the month/year of when he had shedded.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
Hahaha, I love my dragon as much as the next person, but this seems so weird to me! I would have never thought of collecting old skins. Makes me giggle a little bit.

Of course, no offense intended! :)

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Someone should start eating there beardies skin sheds then after a while the beardie would really be a part of them.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
You're not weird! I've been wondering the same thing. I have a few old ones and they just crumble if I touch them. I thought it would be cool to save enough to make some sort of collage of different colored skin and patterns and frame it up on the wall. Lol now I sound quite strange I'm sure. I was thinking getting them wet with oil or water and flattening them out between plastic sheets or glass and letting them dry to them. Hmm.. please let me know if you figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom