Preparing for vet appointment

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Hi guys! Today I called to book a fecal test, then the vet told me it’s best that I bring him over too. They don’t really do the mailing fecal sample thing.

Since I’m bringing them the fecal sample in person anyway, and it’s only an hour drive, I feel like it’s worth it to take him with me. Just for a general check up.

Any other tests should be done other than the fecal? Or any questions I should ask? Draco is currently 5 months old, eating and pooping regularly, quite active, never black beard. Has Reptisun 10.0 T8 uvb inside tank w/ decor 6-8 inch below. Basking spot 105-95F, cold side 85F. Eats endive/mustard greens/squash salad, then 3 big silkworms or 7-10 dubias everyday. Gets calcium powder dusted 5 times a week, multivitamin 2 times a week.

The only weird thing that he does is he bulges his eyes, then in the process of un-bulging them he also does a burping motion. Happens once a day. I appreciate any and all advice! :D
5FD1A102-8B84-4EB0-9DFC-32C3378E7CD7.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
H
Hi guys! Today I called to book a fecal test, then the vet told me it’s best that I bring him over too. They don’t really do the mailing fecal sample thing.

Since I’m bringing them the fecal sample in person anyway, and it’s only an hour drive, I feel like it’s worth it to take him with me. Just for a general check up.

Any other tests should be done other than the fecal? Or any questions I should ask? Draco is currently 5 months old, eating and pooping regularly, quite active, never black beard. Has Reptisun 10.0 T8 uvb inside tank w/ decor 6-8 inch below. Basking spot 105-95F, cold side 85F. Eats endive/mustard greens/squash salad, then 3 big silkworms or 7-10 dubias everyday. Gets calcium powder dusted 5 times a week, multivitamin 2 times a week.

The only weird thing that he does is he bulges his eyes, then in the process of un-bulging them he also does a burping motion. Happens once a day. I appreciate any and all advice! :D View attachment 74995
He's going to shed on his eyes- I would get all copies of any test done but to be honest I would not have anything done- he's pretty young - so just the fecal

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Draco
H

He's going to shed on his eyes- I would get all copies of any test done but to be honest I would not have anything done- he's pretty young - so just the fecal
Noted! Yeah I’ll ask for all copies of his results

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom