Pre-buying Hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempusfugit

Hatchling Member
lewisres":2wkfcpvg said:
First off I said nothing about Petco/Petsmart, I said Pet Store not a "Blanket statement" I have had personal experience from a pet store where I bought Twitch. He was 3 - 4 in when I got him 3 mo ago now he is 15in, he wasn't in proper lighting and there were a ton of babies with him. He looks as if he is 5 mo because he was poorly treated while in the pet store. He is about a yr old. I also never said TRUST EVERY BREEDER(If you read my post it says research breeders). What I said is that they take better care of the babies, because this is how they make their money not by selling everything for pets. So before you come out and say I make a "Blanket statement" don't read between the lines to put words in my mouth.

lewisres":2wkfcpvg said:
You should also research breeders, never buy from pet stores they don't take care of their animals properly, all they use is a heat lamp.

That's a blanket statement, and words from your mouth not put there by me. There is only one way to read that sentence properly, I'm not sure what it is that I read between the lines.

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
Yes there was a blanket statement. But let's try not to get into a pissing contest here... but for the record I've seen bearded dragons at 4 petsmarts, 3 petcos, and 3 mom n' pop shops (every pet store I've ever been in), all of which had UVB. I always make it a point to check =P

My girl is 18 inches at just over a year and still growing.

Nuka042

Hatchling Member
When you go looking for the dragon, no matter where you go to, you have to do that same thing, inspect the dragon and it's living conditions.

Every establishment/breeder takes care of their bearded dragons (and any other animal) differently, some places in certain areas are better than others. The Petco where I live in Rockville, MD is HORRIBLE however I hear that Petco in other areas of the country are actually good. So it's the luck of the draw with what's convenient for you, sometimes all the places around you are horrible and you are left to buy out of state and have the baby shipped.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please stay on topic for the OP. This thread is being watched so please refrain from any personal attacks aimed at each other. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom