Powersun mercury vapor issues - Pls Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmoore

So, a big thank you to Tracie for her post on the Powersun Mercury Vapor lights. Thanks to that article, I was able to figure out what was wrong with our new little beardy Nacho. He went from fine and eating, to not eating, not basking, not pooping in a matter of one day after being under that light. He was under it for one week. I was feeding him baby food and crested gecko diet by dropper to get food in him. It only took 10-15 minutes of having that light removed that he showed signs of improvement. He's now been under the 10.0 UVB tube and a 75 Watt basking light and he's eating, basking and pooping! YEAH. I purchased the Powersun thru Amazon, so it may have been an older one, I don't know - but I do know, I will never use one again! :D

Cherie

Many have said that a MVB is one of the best lights you can get. I, however, will never use one again. I ordered one on-line and it went out within a month. Called to get a replacement and didn't get it for 10 MONTHS! And that was after several emails, phone calls and having to prove that I ordered one in the first place! I will only use a Repti-Sun 10!

YoshisMom1031

Hatchling Member
I had the PowerSun mv light and shortly after read the posts about them, so I immediately got a Exo Terra Solar Glo, but then found it was making the basking site too hot! Grrrrr. I am using two Repti Glo 10.0 bulbs now, and I'm hoping the uvb is getting down to Yoshi. He's in a tank that's about 20-21" deep, not counting the substrate or things to climb on

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so glad he is doing better now!
I am sorry you had so much trouble with the Powersun. In the past there have been some that have been decent. A lot of companies have had trouble with the glass being used for the MVB's in the last few years.
You got the Reptisun 10 tube & not the Reptiglo 10's?? Just checking, as the Reptiglo 10's "can" cause trouble if not enough bright white light is used & the wavelength is not as good as the Reptisun 10.

I hope he continues to improve.

Tracie

YoshisMom1031

Hatchling Member
*smacks head* It was the ReptI Glo's that I got... I have wasted so much money on these danged lights.... it's frustrating but I agree- these don't seem very bright to me

cmoore

Original Poster
I am using the Reptisun 10 uvb - 17 watt and the Exo Terra Sun Glo 75 watt basking spot light now.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved here from E.R. forum

I'm glad you figured out the problem with your beardie and got rid of the PowerSun since Nacho was having problems with it. The problems with the MVB's have gone on way too long. I even had problems with the T-Rex Active UV MVB as well as the Megarays and was never going to use another MVB. BUT, I thought I would try the Arcadia 80 watt MVB's and my beardies LOVE them. Their colors are extremely brighter and it's obvious they are happy with them. All the Arcadia bulbs are available in the U.S. now. :D Here's the link to the site that you can read about them and purchase them. www.lightyourreptiles.com Todd Goode is the owner and is awesome to deal with. He answers emails right away and even encourages phone calls if there are any questions.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Cheryl,

I thought you were using the Reptisun 10, just making sure. :D
How are things today?

Tracie

YoshisMom1031

Hatchling Member
Well, I went and ordered yet another set of bulbs this morning, these being the repti suns... Hopefully they will work better

cmoore

Original Poster
Nacho is doing great! It's spring break here, and I felt comfortable enough to take our daughter to the ocean for a couple of days, and had someone stay at the house to take care of my three guys. We got back this afternoon and he is doing so good. He has energy and is hunting his crickets and I saw him in his salad dish. I didn't see him eat any, but he was in it :) I'll try to post another picture soon.

Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom