Power Sun MV by Zoo Med

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use the Power Sun Mercury Vapor bulb? I have been using them for my beardie and have had two blow out in less than a year. I didn't send the warenty card in the first and forgot then it was too late for the second. :banghead: Anyone else have this problem or is it just me :?: I don't know if I should try another brand or if it is something I am doing, tho I cant amangen what. I did notice for about the last week about five minutes after the light went on it would go out but then come back on after acouple of minutes.

Annageckos

Original Poster
I'll look into that brand. Thanks. But I am curious, is anyone eles having a problem with this brand?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
If it is the 100w then yes their has been many problems associated with that bulb! Their is a big write up on it on here! Good luck..

Annageckos

Original Poster
Thanks alot. I will see if I can find the post you are talking about. I haven't been on this forum for awhile.

Annageckos

Original Poster
:oops: oops, it was right at the top, I didn't even see it. :oops: Sorry, I was in kinda a hurry when I wrote it. Next time I will look FIRST before posting.

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
I have a power sun too. it turns itself off at the most needed times, I had thought it was becuase it got too hot. my old one (Replaced that one with one on sale) wouldnt work for days somtimes. those lights are so expensive, I would think that they would work better than they do.

Annageckos

Original Poster
Mine started turning off at times, but would come back on. Useally it was off for no more than a half hour. They do have a one year warrenty on them if you remember to send the card in. But now I have read that they are causing some problems with reptiles.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom