Power Outage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDizzle

I live in VA, and we might be getting some big storms this weekend. There is a good chance we could lose power. Since I'm a relatively new owner and am kind of freaking out about possibly losing power, I was wondering what you guys do in these type of situations? I have 2 dragons, about 5-6 months old.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
If it's not going to be freezing cold, you have nothing to worry about. They will be fine for a day or two with no lights, just consider it a good time to snuggle with them. With the lower temps it will basically like putting their metabolism on pause or slowing it down for a little while, they just might not eat as much. Its not like they don't have rainy days in the wild.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
If it's for awhile you can get hand warmers. the skiing kind. wrap it in a wash cloth and put it in the tank. but thats the worst case senario lol

EDizzle

Original Poster
Rainy days definitely make sense :mrgreen: I'll just cut back on their feeding if I need too. If it lasts long I'm pretty sure I have some leftover hand warmer's from snowboarding season. Thanks for the quick replies

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
EDizzle":1zg9v8g4 said:
Rainy days definitely make sense :mrgreen: I'll just cut back on their feeding if I need too. If it lasts long I'm pretty sure I have some leftover hand warmer's from snowboarding season. Thanks for the quick replies
Yeah I'm kinda worried about the power outtages but not too much. I don't have any left over hand warmers from boarding because I never buy any T.T I think I'm soooo cool being tough and letting my hands and feet freeze :lol:

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
I live in rual arkansas and the power going out is a common thing for me. I have a inverter that is hooked up to my truck battery and all i have to do is run a cord to my truck and plug my lights in. I have to go outside and let my truck run for about five mins. or so to charge the batt. back up every couple of hours but it works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom