Power out

Zucchini

Original Poster
We were on vacation and our power went out. It's 30 degrees outside.our house was 72 when the power went out. We are on our way back to the house but the power will have been out for 5 hours before we get there. If it drops below 65 for an hour or so. Will our beardie be ok?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
We were on vacation and our power went out. It's 30 degrees outside.our house was 72 when the power went out. We are on our way back to the house but the power will have been out for 5 hours before we get there. If it drops below 65 for an hour or so. Will our beardie be ok?
Yes but it isn't idea.
There is a youtube channel (animal1guy i think) that has a rescue that was abandoned in a house with no power or food for months and during the winter. It survived by eating the eggs it laid and going into brumation. as long as your beardie wasn't sick or in distress already it should be fine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately things happen. He will
be fine though, especially with it being short term. They can endure temperatures lowers than 65F for awhile. In brumation, they are at lower temperatures for weeks or
months.
I'm sure he will be happy to be warmed back up though!

Tracie

Zucchini

Original Poster
Thank you. We were in the middle of an Ice storm. My friend was able to make it to our house around 4am and got her moved to a warm car. We drove all night and was able to get home at 5am. It was 60-65 when we all got here. The only thing that seemed to bother her was she got woken up from her nightly slumber.

Attachments

• 20240311_182036.jpg
    20240311_182036.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 15

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I was without electricity for 2 days the year before last due to a major storm that went through. I just didn't feed him since he can't digest without proper temps, and tried to keep him warm with a heating pad.

It's crazy, because the simplest thing could make their health spiral downward, yet they're such a hardy animal that it takes a lot to really hurt them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom