Pouting Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think my 7 month old Nero is pouting.... There have been a few things happening around here lately, but there is a reason why I have come to this conclusion:

We are currently travelling down "Coccidia Lane" not only with Nero, but Sweetie Boo as well. We got the results last Wednesday from the fecals, so that afternoon after work we rushed home, packed the "kids" up in their carriers complete with fleece blankies and off to vet we went for some de-worming (would you like a side of pin-worms with that?) :banghead: and to pick up their medication. On our way home, we needed to stop by Wal-Mart to stock up the paper towels that would be replacing the sand that we have in half of each enclosure during the treatment period (as I typed the word "sand", for just a brief moment I imagined the raising of hairs of all of the loving beardie parents, so I will digress for just a moment)

-The substrate in each of our enclosures is washed playsand and the other half is tile. Both of our beardies are diggers, especially at bedtime. We feed them their proteins outside of the enclosures and their salad dishes sit on the tile in the enclosures. I also went one step further and the vet CONFIRMED that both of the fecals were sand free. I have the utmost respect for the more experienced posters on this site and I am NOT recommending sand for substrate. It works for us because we are responsible about it.-

I won't spend too much time on the Wal-Mart thing, however let me just say that after refusing to leave the babies in the car, I will never again say anything about those who carry their chihuahuas around in purses through stores (I was wheeling my beardies around in their carriers in a shopping cart). The greeter wouldn't even come close enough to put a sticker on each of the carriers, she couldn't wave us in fast enough :lol:

So we cleaned the sand out and laid down the paper towels and let me tell you... NERO HATES IT!!! Sweetie Boo could care less. I think she is in love with the huge branch she basks on, so as long as she has that all is right with the world. Nero will not walk on the paper towels. I have to take him out of his cave in the morning or else he would never come out. When we take him out for medicine, baths, feeding or whatever he will stay in the same spot we put him back in. I shouldn't say he doesn't walk on it at all, because he does have to get to the tile to eat his veggies, but I have seen evidence that he jumps as much as possible to avoid the towels. BRAT! At first I thought he might be reacting to the change in his enclosure, but he has minimal stressmarks (speak of the devil, as I am typing, he is now looking at me from his cave). Oh wait, he is actually coming out on his own but he is not on all fours, but his belly.

We have made it a point to have "snuggle time" after bathtime. They get dried off and warmed up and then we break out the fleece blankies, wrap them up and let them fall asleep until it's time for lights out. Sweetie-Boo crawls up into the crook of my husbands neck under his chin and snoozes away. I will just have to get a pic and post it. It is just too sweet :love5:

So here is why I have come to the conclusion that Nero is pouting... Last night after baths and we were all snuggly in our fleecies, I look down at him on my lap and he is looking up at me.

"Are you smiling at me???" I asked him. He then closes his eyes and goes to sleep. Little pouting dragon.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It's really going to be a long week. We have to keep the paper towels in the enclosures for at least another 6-7 days or until we get the all clear from the vet. Not only do I feel bad for him because he has buggies, but I also feel bad that I can't give him back his sand.

I guess I will find out if dragons exercise forgiveness :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom