Potential Future Prolapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
I noticed earlier this morning when my Beardie had his bowel movement that there was this little red sack that happened to pop out of his slit. Thought to myself what that could possibly be, then back in it went, then I knew what it was. But I'm at a loss. The movement didn't seem labored, it happened rather smoothly for the little guy from appearances, no stress markers or change in activity, little guy in glass dancing it up behind me. Fecal was normal, urate fine, watery little puddle, if anything more watery than normal. Had a fecal test done...2 weeks ago. After he started eating more and more greens, the smell got to the point of which is was when he had Coccidia, so I wanted to double check again, it came back negative.

I'll have to dig into some research a bit today to learn more, but work in an hour ... yay! So I thought I would seek some information among the community.

Thanks!

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
How much came out? Most beardies push just the very edge out while pooping and then retract it. That's just how they work. If it was more than just a tiny bit though, it WAS a prolapse. Just not a serious or long one. Keep an eye on it, and if it happens again and stays out, you need to take him to a vet ASAP. Prolapses are extremely dangerous, as they are open to serious infection and necrosis, which is nearly always fatal since they won't be able to poop out of their bodies anymore...

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
About the size of a small Pea (1/4" or ~6mm, slightly larger than the movement itself,) and retracted right up when he went to close. First time I noticed it over the past week. We have been trying to get him to poop in water instead of the tank, so I have been watching his movements to get a time frame, usually right at 8:45-8:50am.

Is it something that became inflamed or is it something that will always be there that we'd have to watch out for since it decided to let us know that it was there?

[Edit] - * knock on wood* He hasn't had it happen since I posted, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom