Potential egg bound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, this is my first post on here so thanks for helping in advance. I have rescued a 3 year old female beardie. She went off of her food about 2 weeks ago, eating the occasional insect and veggie but that's about it. About a week ago she laid some infertile eggs, I found 12 but suspect there are more I haven't found buried in her vivarium. I noticed today while trying to get her to eat that it feels like she has an egg still inside of her. She isn't lethargic and freely runs about as normal but her appetite hasn't come back, which makes me believe she is.egg bound. I was hoping you guys might have some advice on how to properly diagnose/ cure this ASAP as I dont want anything to happen to this poor little girl. Her vivarium is set up nicely with correct temps (105 f basking down to about 84 f cool end) and she has a UV 12% bulb. She is in a 4x2x2ft vivarium. Thanks again and if you need any more information please ask. :)

Smiffstaar

Original Poster
**ADDITIONAL** she is still digging in her vivarium like she was before she laid which is another reason for thinking she is egg bound.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, everything sounds O.K. If she's digging she may have more eggs or it just might be her instinct. She would'nt be eggbound, if so she'd be sick + lethargic. BTW can you post pics of her as well as her set up + laying area ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

Smiffstaar

Original Poster
She might have more eggs to lay but it's been over a week since she laid her last egg. Here are the pictures. The substrate is a sand and corn chip mix but will be changing it VERY soon to a sand/top soil/coco fibre mix (30/60/10). Her UV light is attached the the roof.
104247-9218905624.jpg
104247-3978648083.jpg
104247-1605630638.jpg
104247-2349367338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom