Post your Dubia Breeding Setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! My name is Anthony, I have a young bearded dragon that is still about 10 grams at the time of posting this. I have 400 Dubia Roaches on the way right now, and I have a big plastic bin with ventilation all around it. I am getting a heating pad and also have an infrared bulb. The dubias are coming with the egg crates and I have the water crystals and chow already.

I just wanted to see all of your dubia colonies! Feel free to post pictures of your setup along with how many dubias you have, male to female ratio, what you started out with, how long you have had this running, and information that you feel would be helpful to new dubia breeders like me.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I started my colony about a year and a half ago with a mix pack of bugs from ABDragons. There were around 600 or so then, no adults. I started seeing a new generation of bugs after about 4 months and they've been thriving ever since. I've moved them from a 20g tank to a 20g long tank. There is a heat mat under the housing side of the tank that heats the frass and lower housing tubes. I have a CHE that I use seasonally if it gets really cold. The tank sits on a bakers rack to allow ventilation under the heat mat. They live in cardboard tubes and I feed them vegetable scraps for the most part. Here is a recent photo of the setup:

76248-247588084.jpg

Taterbug recently posted about an alternative setup she's trying out and it looks promising. That may be worth a shot too. This is the thread https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=221653

AnthonysGotMilk

Original Poster
CooperDragon":13hmhjsm said:
I started my colony about a year and a half ago with a mix pack of bugs from ABDragons. There were around 600 or so then, no adults. I started seeing a new generation of bugs after about 4 months and they've been thriving ever since. I've moved them from a 20g tank to a 20g long tank. There is a heat mat under the housing side of the tank that heats the frass and lower housing tubes. I have a CHE that I use seasonally if it gets really cold. The tank sits on a bakers rack to allow ventilation under the heat mat. They live in cardboard tubes and I feed them vegetable scraps for the most part. Here is a recent photo of the setup:

76248-247588084.jpg

Taterbug recently posted about an alternative setup she's trying out and it looks promising. That may be worth a shot too. This is the thread https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=221653
Oh wow, very nice setup!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've been watching your other thread and just commented, but I agree with what AHBD has said so far and don't have much to add at the moment.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just had an extra tank available so I used it. No benefit other than it's easy to watch them move about.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Ok cool. I have a spare 20L and may switch over. Do you keep all the roaches in that single tank and pick through what you want for feeding?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All the roaches are in the single tank but I don't feed them off. When I do though, I'd just reach in and pick out ones that are appropriately sized (or shake a tube out and put back the ones that aren't the right size).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom