POST-PROLAPSE SURGERY FEEDING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinBeard

Original Poster
Hi Drache613, we haven't given her water by syringe for about a week as we didn't want to continuously stress her out with force feeding. We have just been misting her a couple times per day. She has been on a liquid diet for almost 3 weeks. She usually loves live food but ever since her surgery, she hasn't taken any interest in them. She just started her black beard last night and it seems she stayed in that position with her black beard all night. I'm not even sure if she slept well. She is still in the position today and anytime we touch her or come near her she seems to strain herself and tilt up.

KevinBeard

Original Poster
93906-7533954349.jpg
So this is worrying. I just noticed this hump on her back. Anyone have any idea of what's going on? If so, any remedies or anything that can help? I don't think I will be able to afford taking her back to the vet so any recommendations that I can do will help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor girl. :( I'm afraid to say that she is very ll and may not last much longer. It may be that she has developed eggs and is too ill + weak to lay them. That may have been part of why she prolapsed. I don't know that there's much you can do except keep her comfortable if you can't get her to a really experienced reptile vet. I hope I'm wrong but she just looks really bad.

KevinBeard

Original Poster
I know she and my beardie Pacco had mated once about 2 years ago and she did lay eggs, but they weren't fertile. Is it possible that she may be carrying infertile eggs again? What can I do to comfort her and should I continue the force feeding or will that continue to stress her out?

KevinBeard

Original Poster
Unfortunately I think Junior is dying. She has kind of collapsed and for some reason she has this brownish red fluid coming out from her mouth and nose. She doesn't look dead yet but I don't want her to suffer. Is there anything I can do to put her down peacefully?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry. How sad for you to see this. :( I didn't get a notification last night for this post, I'm not sure there's anything but to let her pass away. Is she gone this morning ?

KevinBeard

Original Poster
She did pass away. I'm not sure if it was overnight or early in the morning but sadly she is gone. We buried her today. I do appreciate the support and help you guys gave ever since I started this post. I just wish we had a better outcome.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I thought that would be the case. I'm really, really sorry that this happened to your girl. :( Please accept my deepest sympathy, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost Junior, how awful! :cry: She could have been carrying
infertile eggs that the vet didn't see. I am so sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom