Post egg laying therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyo

So my female dragon had laid her very first clutch of eggies about a month ago, 17 good (infertile) eggs. And she continued to eat normally and bask. A couple of weeks later she began to refuse food (although she would eat a dubia a day) and stay in the cold area, although she wasn't digging like before, I assumed it was because of the heat outside of the tank (heatwave season). Nope, turns out she had more eggies to lay.
I found them yesterday as I returned home (her tank was a messsssss!)

I'm guessing that that was the last of her eggs because she left empty and hollow inside - she ate two dubias, basked, drank lots of gatorated water (figured she needed a pick me up) and slept.

Then I had to clean her tank - which was gross. Her carpet was pushed and pulled away, her hide was under the heat lamp (its usually on the cold side). Some of the eggs broke and there was yolk everywhere. I could smell the salmonella :V

So I then sprayed down her tank and items with distilled water and vinegar solution - but I can still smell the eggs. Any ideas/ tips to clean it out properly?
And any other tips on what to do after a dragon lays eggs?

Thankies :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can use a vinegar/dish soap solution with water as hot as you can bear it. Wipe the area over a few times, the last time use the clean paper towel wadded up with the solution on it to allow it to " soak ". Then wipe with plain hot water on a cleaning rag. Allow to dry . Feed your dragon twice a day if she'll have it , calcium on every other feeding but you should have 2 types of calcium powder, with + without D3. Use the D3 only once a week, regular calcium 4-5 other days. Keep her calm + hydrated, oral hydration is the best, use a spray bottle for a gentle, intermittent direct stream on her nose. Spray, stop, repeat until she begins to drink. If she drinks during a soak, that would be fine as well. :)

MorganaTheSatyr

Original Poster
AHBD":3056mmmw said:
Hi there, you can use a vinegar/dish soap solution with water as hot as you can bear it. Wipe the area over a few times, the last time use the clean paper towel wadded up with the solution on it to allow it to " soak ". Then wipe with plain hot water on a cleaning rag. Allow to dry . Feed your dragon twice a day if she'll have it , calcium on every other feeding but you should have 2 types of calcium powder, with + without D3. Use the D3 only once a week, regular calcium 4-5 other days. Keep her calm + hydrated, oral hydration is the best, use a spray bottle for a gentle, intermittent direct stream on her nose. Spray, stop, repeat until she begins to drink. If she drinks during a soak, that would be fine as well. :)

Thanks so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom