Post egg laying questions

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber successfully laid her clutch of 19 total eggs!!! My questions are

I fell asleep with her light on and woke up at 3am to her still basking under her lights should she be ok or did I stress her out?

Another is that she is thankfully eating greens and crickets again (15-20 crickets) but she seems sluggish and slow is this due to her laying eggs and digging so much? An I mean slow like a dragon trying to ambush prey type of slow she is currently basking under her lights I'm just worried about her energy level.

I also dusted her bugs should I just allow her to eat as many as she wants or could I overfeed her? I wanna get her back to normal I'm just worried about her energy and calcium levels

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's normal for her to be tired, she's been through a lot. It may take her a few days to get back to normal energy levels.
As far as the light that shouldn't be a big deal, if she is sleepy she'll nap.
I would feed her a little more than normal for a week or so also, got to make sure she gets her calcium levels back up.
The last time Ruby laid she had 2 clutches in 5 or 6 weeks. She has some mbd from the person that had her before us. I hate to think how 2 clutches could have set her back it i hadn't been diligent on her calcium after the 1st clutch. I know every dragon is going to be different but beter safe than sorry 🙂

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's normal for her to be tired, she's been through a lot. It may take her a few days to get back to normal energy levels.
As far as the light that shouldn't be a big deal, if she is sleepy she'll nap.
I would feed her a little more than normal for a week or so also, got to make sure she gets her calcium levels back up.
The last time Ruby laid she had 2 clutches in 5 or 6 weeks. She has some mbd from the person that had her before us. I hate to think how 2 clutches could have set her back it i hadn't been diligent on her calcium after the 1st clutch. I know every dragon is going to be different but beter safe than sorry 🙂
Definitely she has been basking all morning but just got down off her platforms and is on the cool side atm. I'll try feeding her crickets again in a little bit I just hope she has no more eggs to lay this was her clutch.

Hopefully I can keep her calcium levels up high what would be he best way? Just dust her bugs let her get under her UVB light and give her greens if she wants to eat them? She didn't exactly act enthusiastic about her bugs this morning but she did eat them slowly so I was extremely patient and hand fed her

Attachments

• IMG_20230513_202225.jpg
    IMG_20230513_202225.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 55

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom