Post- brumation eating habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Hi all,

I have a 3.5 yr old beardie who i adopted when he was about 2. I just went through my first brumation experience which only lasted about a week and a half. My guy had slowed down (or became a picky eater) several months before the brumation. He would only eat superworms. My question is after Brumation will their eating habits increase or likely stay the same. I really wish he would eat greens again i try all types of squashes but shows no interest in anything but supers. We had a short stint with butterworms as well. Thanks

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Join the group, I have to hand feed all five of my adult males because they're doing the same thing. So see if you can cut the squash into small squares and put some in the side of his mouth, see if he'll grab it. Try the same thing with greens. That's what I've had to do and I'm hoping soon they'll eat on their own again...winter slow down is the pits!

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I have tried hand feeding before only to recieve the skink eye. He used to eat greens for me but just completely shut them out. What i have been doing is feeding the supers the greens and squash and rolling a few of them into the calcium or herpivite. This is the only way i can get him to recieve his proper nutrients. He is completely healthy otherwise, just a very fussy eater.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's a great alternative when they're refusing their greens, that's what I do to my supers, too, feed them collards every day, so they have some in them when I feed them to my boys. This seems to be a winter thing. I have 3 dragons I have to hand feed, even bugs and 1 that won't eat dragon food at all since he woke up from brumation. Pain in the you know what :lol: I'm sure once spring is here, he'll change back to his regular eating habits again, we can only hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom