possibly brumation... maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanation

iv done all the research i can about brumation. i know a lot about beardies and caring for them but im not sure if my older beardie (booger) was brumating or just being lazy. for the last month she was sleeping in her hide spot everyday. now shell come maybe 3 days a week. shell eat some salad and maybe acouple crickets but nothing like normal. does this sound like a normal brumation behavior or is there something else going on with my little beardie?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
How old is Booger? babies (until about a yr old) dont usually bruminate. Have you checked her temps and things? What are they and what bulbs are you using??

shanation

Original Poster
shes over a year old... shes about 17inchs last time i measured wich was 2 months ago.. the temps range from 70 at night to 110 during the day. i have a reptisun 5.0 uvb that sits 8 inchs above her favorite ledge and just a regular house bulb to light her basking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom