Possible Vet Visit - PLEASE reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I am possibly going to be taking Spike to the vet this week, especially if he doesn't poo.
As far as I know no one here is a vet and I understand that you cannot tell me exactly what is going to happen, but I am going to describe some recent things with Spike and would like some insight as to what might take place at the vet office so I am just not totally clueless.

It has been 2-3 wks since he poo''d. I was feeding him crickets and spring mix, but have recently switched to dubia roaches and baby lettuces which has no spinach in it. I of course give him a mixture of veggies ranging from and including brocolli, carrots, peas, corn, green beans, cauliflower, and sometimes I give him some apple. The brocolli and cauliflower are very occasionally. I read on here that if the poo has a really bad smell then that coud be a sign of trouble. When he was pooing, I always knew he had poo'd because of the smell.
I was having trouble getting his basking area to the right temp, and his uvb light was too far away from him. I have recently, about a week or so ago, made a ramp and set his uvb inside the tank bringing him closer to it. This has also made his basking area range from the 90's to 100's.
I adopted Spike in late July. He was on crushed walnut shells which I changed awhile ago from learning about things here. I was told that he is about 2 years old.

Again, if you have any insight as to what I should expect, any advice on how to prepare myself and/or Spike, or anything else that comes to mind please let me know.

A friend recommended a vet nearby. I very much respect this persons opinion as she is a reptile LOVER, very knowledgable, and would not tell me someone if she didn't trust them whatsoever. I also trust her because she used to work for Petco and when she did, tried to get Petco to change their ways on MANY issues for as long as she worked thier.

Thanks in advance =)
JoAnn and Spike

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
JoAnn- sorry Spike isn't doing well. No input on the vet, but have you tryed apple sauce, warm baths, veggie oil. and Oh cooked pumpkin, that's really supposed to get them moving. Not the pie mix, just plain pumpkin.
I seem to recall reading that putting them to sleep on a warm rice sock might give him some relief.

Good luck at the vet.

Sandy H

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you for responding, protiemama. I have tried warm baths and rubbing his belly. Although he seems to really enjoy both and goes to sleep, it hasn't made him go. I was advised not to do the apple juice or oil until I at least talk to the vet on how much to give him.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am going to give the vet a call today, they open at 9am and it is now 8:30. I don't know if I will get any responses before I leave, hopefully I will get in, but I have another quick question:

Spike issues are stated above. Of course I keep feeding him, his salad and roaches - he just ate 4. I am concrned about his not poopin and still feeding him, will that make his problem worse? I of course can't starve him!!

Well, hopefully I will get into the vets and all will be okay - wish Spike luck =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom