Possible URI

Beardie name(s)
Geralt, Gypsy, Littlefoot a.k.a Little baby
Hello everyone, I need some advice the past couple days I've noticed that my beardie is breathing heavier than usual I thought it was due to her being in shed, Well last night I noticed she had what looked like tiny bubbles coming out of her nose I called the vet they told me to call back this morning I called back this morning but they can't see her until next week. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do besides keeping her tank a little warmer than usual? She's a a year old she's still eating bugs she's been super picky lately when it comes to fruit and veggies, she's still moving around and being active. If you have any advice on what I can do until I can get her into the vet it will be greatly appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone, I need some advice the past couple days I've noticed that my beardie is breathing heavier than usual I thought it was due to her being in shed, Well last night I noticed she had what looked like tiny bubbles coming out of her nose I called the vet they told me to call back this morning I called back this morning but they can't see her until next week. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do besides keeping her tank a little warmer than usual? She's a a year old she's still eating bugs she's been super picky lately when it comes to fruit and veggies, she's still moving around and being active. If you have any advice on what I can do until I can get her into the vet it will be greatly appreciated.
Please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them? And your uvb? Coil or long tube fixture--? Humidity in the tank and is it being taken w/ a digital probe hygrometer? Analogs are inaccurate

WitchyDragonMom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them? And your uvb? Coil or long tube fixture--? Humidity in the tank and is it being taken w/ a digital probe hygrometer? Analogs are inaccurate
For the surface temps I use a infrared thermometer, Arcadia long tube for the uvb, I'm using a digital hygrometer for the temps

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
For the surface temps I use a infrared thermometer, Arcadia long tube for the uvb, I'm using a digital hygrometer for the temps
IR gun? Please get 2 digital probe thermometers they are the most accurate - IR guns can give false temps on certain materials- what is the humidity in the tank? I would get a che ceramic heat emitter if you don't have one and have overnight temps around 80 -- how old is the dragon?

WitchyDragonMom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
IR gun? Please get 2 digital probe thermometers they are the most accurate - IR guns can give false temps on certain materials- what is the humidity in the tank? I would get a che ceramic heat emitter if you don't have one and have overnight temps around 80 -- how old is the dragon?
The humidity is 30% I ordered a ceramic heat emitter it's supposed to be delivered today go figure petco and petsmart didn't have any in stock. I'll order the prob thermometers right now I'm using reptizoon digital thermometers at the moment. Gypsy is a year old her hatch day was the 16th.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The humidity is 30% I ordered a ceramic heat emitter it's supposed to be delivered today go figure petco and petsmart didn't have any in stock. I'll order the prob thermometers right now I'm using reptizoon digital thermometers at the moment. Gypsy is a year old her hatch day was the 16th.
Her surface basking temps should be 95-100- humidity is good - where is the uvb? Top of screen or inside the tank?

WitchyDragonMom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Her surface basking temps should be 95-100- humidity is good - where is the uvb? Top of screen or inside the tank?
The uvb is on top of her screen for now until her new home is delivered once that comes I'm moving the uvb to the inside.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The uvb is on top of her screen for now until her new home is delivered once that comes I'm moving the uvb to the inside.
Ok this could be a good reason for the RI- please unobstruct the uvb - screens block 30% of those rays- get a piece of basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches for a 12% bulb--

WitchyDragonMom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok this could be a good reason for the RI- please unobstruct the uvb - screens block 30% of those rays- get a piece of basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches for a 12%
I have a tree in her tank that she's always on top of that's under her uvb she loves her tree.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom