Possible Tail Rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patthew113

90349-9691348369.jpg
90349-781379561.jpg
90349-4378730506.jpg
90349-7558867736.jpg
This is my 10 month old bearded dragon. He is 17 inches long. I house him in a 36x18x18. His basking spot lamp is a 160 watt powersun and his basking spot is 103 degrees. There is also 30 inch a reptisun 10.0 fluorescent bulb on top of his tank. His diet consists of Dubai roaches and collared greens. I gutload the Dubai and dust them in calcium 5 days a week, and multivitamin one day a week. He just shed his upper tail and upon inspection of his lower tail today it looks darker than it usually does when he is in shed. I've been worried about tail Rot because he has not shed his tail in a while. He gets a warm bath twice a week. I'm hoping that his tail will shed soon and that I have nothing to worry about, but any outside opinions would be valued. Please and thank you.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Pat, no tail rot there, just dark color. Very common and not a health problem at all. :) By the way, how do you check your temps ? A 160 watt will produce a lot of heat so be careful that it's not too hot for him.

Patthew113

Original Poster
I use a temp gun and a dimmer switch to regulate the temperature .When I used to use the 100 watt I could never quite get it over 90 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom