Possible Snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightgal

Just wondering to get some more opinions of my beardie. I'm trying to track down what exactly to call him. Right now he is just Alfredo (for his white color).

Here are some pictures of him. He has alot of a light rosy pink on his beard, no black. His nails are clear, and his eyes are really...metallic like...gold and copper. Very pretty. I will try to get some better pictures but these were taken with my cell phone as one of my birds has decided to run away with my camera.

IMG00114.jpg

IMG00117.jpg

IMG00118.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

thanks for everyone's help in helping me identify him!

nightgal

Original Poster
Um.......let me mention that...this is my first beardie, I didn't know what I was getting into. I literally found him in the snow outside a petstore that had closed.....and some people have mentioned snow and I was just wanting to get more opinions....

But to the snowball, blizzard, frosty, etc......say wata?!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
:oops: Oh I am sorry I misunderstood I thought you were looking for a name for him.
If you mean his morph then yes I do believe he looks like a snow although its hard to tell from those pics he could also be a pastel of some sort.If you could somehow get some more vivid pics it would be easier to tell if he is in actually a snow morph.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
In spite of being enjoyable to be around, pets can be irritating sometimes (regarding the birds stealing your camera). That had me laughing, tho.

I saw one female beardie with coloring like yours. It could be a snow and Alfredo, that's a good name and goes with his color.

This is the second beardie that I've heard about being found in the snow. How long have you had him/her? I don't understand how some people could dump a beardie in the snow. We showed Miss O (one of the first two beardies we had) the snow one time when it had snowed here (doesn't happen often) and she was very unimpressed. I don't think they like snow very much.
I know you will give him(her?) lots of love and she will recover and give you lots of love.

Welcome to the world of being a Beardie slave.

nightgal

Original Poster
Ok, here are some more pictures of him...and by the way...what the heck are those little bumps on his thighs???

IMG00125.jpg

THOSE THINGS! WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE?!?! And...boy or girl? I'm thinkin boy.

IMG00120.jpg

Alfredo chil-axin this morning. Watching the house.

IMG00119.jpg

On his new paper towels. I took out the sand and washed it all out and he has been MUCH more active since I did that....

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Yes he does look like he has snow morph.Are his nails clear?The bumps are femoral pores completely normal BTW.They are more prominent in males then in females.Glad to see he is doing better now that you switched substrates. :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
You found him in the snow???
Some people are.... disgusting.

Thank you for taking him in ^_^
He is GORGEOUS. I absolutely adore pale beardies.
What a lucky girl you are.

nightgal

Original Poster
Thank you all for helping me identify him. I was curious.

And your right the people who put him in the snow are disgusting. :evil: Unfortunatly there was a tokay gecko that was with him that was not so lucky. I brought him home fully expecting him to die he was so cold. But I put him in my sink and started the water out at 50 degrees and started warming him up till his body was at 90.

I put him in my tank that I had and the next morning he was awake but not moving. So I forced a few mashed up worms (wax worms) and a dead pinkie that I had smashed for him (the only vet i could call that knew anything was 190 something miles away. By the way. Don't smash pinkies, it isn't pretty. :puke:

But despite the rough start, he has quickly made me his slave :D My birds that I have like to try to steal his meal worms when they get a chance because I leave the screen top off. He likes to hang over the edge and watch.

I will continue to post some more pictures of him. Not exactly sure how old he is. But that's ok.

Thank you all for your help!

dreshany

Hatchling Member
honestly, I like Alfredo, that's cute. Or you could call him Blackie. Kind of like how you call a tall person shortie :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well that was wonderful that you could be there in time to save him.I am sorry about the gecko that is a shame.Some people can just be so cruel.So clear nails,then yes you have some sort of hypo/snow morph but more important you have a wonderful beardie that I hope will bring you many years of joy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom