Possible prolapse?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my adult male beardie pooped today, nothing weird about that, but I noticed something that looked like old poop stuck to his cloaca (sorry to be graphic) I let him soak in warm water, hoping it would go away, but it's still there. Nothing like this has happened before and i may be worrying for no reason, but I'm afraid it's more serious than that. His cage temps are 85 on the cool side and 95-103 for the basking. He been eating collard greens and mustard greens and calcium dusted superworms. He has reptile carpet and a Repitisun10 UVB light that I got recently.

LaVieBoheme

Original Poster
mailgooglecom.jpg

sorry about the picture

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well based on the picture I would say that is a sperm plug & not a prolapse. A prolapse is a different color. A sperm plug looks browish to greyish, etc, but a prolapse would be dark red depending on what type of prolapse it is such as a colon, intestinal, hemepenes. I would soak him again & gently try to pull the plug, & it should come right out.
I have a male who just about everytime he goes to the bathroom, one of his hemepenes releases a sperm plug right now. It is normal for males to do this especially during breeding season.
It looks like yours has dried up a little bit so soak him really well first before trying to pull it out.

Tracie

LaVieBoheme

Original Poster
Gave him another soak and it came off. It's all good now. Thanks for your advice! I freaked out for no reason, but at least I feel better! :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

EXCELLENT NEWS!! :blob5:
I am happy that is all it was. Beware of the sperm plugs during breeding season. :D No, seriously, I am happy that it was nothing serious like a prolapse.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom