Possible parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
I got Malygos back at the end of May and he's done stellar so far. Eats like a champ (feeders AND greens!), basks, very active, poops like you wouldn't believe. My question is about his poops. They are incredibly smelly. I just came back from a shower and his poop had permeated the entire room with stink. :puke: Now, he's got a very fat beardie belly, eats anything given him, and is very active so I haven't been worried about his health. Is bad smelling poop alone a sign that he may have parasites or does he just have big, stinky beardie poops? I've taken to putting down newspaper where he usually likes to poop so I can remove it as quickly as possible due to the horrible smell. Any input on this would be great and I do have a reptile vet that I've taken my snake and frogs to but it's a bit of a drive so I just wanted a second opinion before I cart him off for an hour long drive in the cold. Thanks!

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
If you have a relationship with the vet, they may run a fecal without making you bring him in for a visit. It does sound like it might be parasites, so it would probably be worth calling the vet to see if they will take the sample. It is important to have an accurate weight for dosing meds though, so if he is positive, you might need to bring him in. At the same time, if it is negative, you will have peace of mind, so it is probably worth it.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I probably will bring him in anyway since he hasn't been seen by a vet since I got him. My mom walked into the room to come talk to him and balked at the horrible smell. We had to febreeze the room and turn the ceiling fan on just to air it out! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom