Possible MBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up taking in a special case from my local PetSmart. This is unfortunately the second time I've seen a sick beardie from there, but this one I had to try with. He can't use his front limbs properly, but he can get around, can climb (he climbed the potato plant we had in his viv) and he seemed to be the healthy one of the bunch eating wise. So could it be MBD? He doesn't do the star gazing bit, so I assume it is since the rest of his body is fine. Right now I have a Reptisun bulb on him about 6-9 inches away, a basking spot of 100 and will be getting him crickets later today which will be dusted. I planned on dusting half the crickets with a Vitamin A powder and the other with the Calcium and D3. Is there anything else I can do? I just got him yesterday, so I'm going to be trying with dusted greens/fruits/bugs and hope the UVB will help as well. Any other suggestions though? Would really like to see this little one improve. He's also about 6-8 weeks old.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to say. He's young though so he may recover pretty well if he has a good diet and proper lighting. If he can get to 6'' under a T8 ReptiSun 10 with a reflective fixture that should be sufficient. For supplements, I'd pick up some Repashy Calcium Plus. It's a good all-in-one that will simplify things. Otherwise I'd dust all of the bugs with calcium and then replace the calcium with multivitamin a couple of times per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom