Possible Impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie has been doing great since the last time i have talked to you guys. hes gained weight and close to 2 ft long (little over a year old) I have switched him to a super worm diet for his protein a couple months ago. I also feed him a horn worm every now and again. He isn't going to the restroom as frequently as he used to, and recently when he walks his front left leg kinda trembles or shakes like he may be having trouble with it.(could his nails be to long? hes on repti carpet) The other day i gave him a warm bath and made him swim a little to induce a bowl movement. some stuff shot out but his leg problem is not fixed. his repti 10 is fairly new and his basking area is ~100. no sand in the cage. He is still eating when we feed him, although he isnt eating greens as much right now. after he had his bowl movement the other day he was climbing on stuff fine and moving around ok. when i rub his tummy it feels like there may be a knot or 2 in his stomach, not sure if this is normal.(possibly the last horn worm is lodged?) I am kinda stuck on what this is. he doesnt have black beard or tummy. thinking about switching him to baby food for a little while, but also it could be possible MBD which i find unlikey since he has a UVB and is getting calicum powder in his diet. there are no lumps in his back or legs that i can tell and he doesnt appear to be having trouble with any other limb. he hasnt pooped since the swim either. Any suggestions or comments welcome, thanks guys.

This is the most recent pictures taken days ago.
IMG_1435.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks like he's a healthy weight. I would consider using supers only as a treat. At a year old he should be switching to a primarily vegetarian diet so I'd offer a nice salad daily. If you can get him into collard greens or turnip greens that would provide him with some high calcium food. I also like including squash, green beans, and bell peppers in salads. There is a good list to reference here http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Are you sure that he is a he? The knots could be eggs.

You can trim nails with sterilized nail clippers. Just make sure you don't cut too close the tissue (darker line in the middle.) Does he have any rocks in his cage that he can grind his nails on?

Could he have fallen and hurt his leg?

qwankadank

Original Poster
Nope not sure at all. I've tried to sex but having a hard time. Could that be the underlying issue to her left leg shaking when he/she lifts it? I will slow the supers to a couple a week and start doing majority greens. He/she just loves the worms over veggies lol

Not really anything for him to scratch his nails on inside the cage, and I'm not sure if he has hurt himself, that's what's bothering me

Skipper7

Juvie Member
The only thing I'm finding about shaking legs is MBD. What UVB light do you have? Is he able to support his weight on his front legs?

Perhaps AHBD or drache will see this thread. They are a lot more knowledgeable than I am.

In the meantime, you should probably post a list of your setup. Lights, temp gradient, humidity, substrate etc. pretty much everything. This is probably the first thing either of them will ask for.

Could you try to post a video of the leg shaking?

Please don't read my input and freak out. Like I said, I'm no expert :)

qwankadank

Original Poster
Yeah I've talked to tracie a lot. My Viv is in good condition. I'll probably message tracie soon. Thanks for the help man.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, he is almost 24 inches in length & just over a year? He really grew a lot in the first year.
How often do you give calcium?
There are numerous cases of dragons who have grown quite long developing low calcium issues simply due to the rate of growth.
Your Reptisun 10 tube is fine, just be sure it's positioned well for maximum exposure for him.
Does he have any trouble walking, running or climbing?
I do see some mild swellings on & around the wrist. That can also be metabolic bone disease, too.
I would recommend trying a liquid calcium, along with some black cherry juice extract liquid or powder in case it is renal issues. Increase oral fluids & vegetation, too.

Tracie

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
if you would lie us to sex him, just put him of a flat surface, like a table, and hold his tail up at a 90º angle and snap a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom