Possible Impaction... :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not sure, but Picasso has not gone to the bathroom in nearly 4 days (he hasn't been eating much either - his face is shedding). Anyway, I was feeling his belly (if you look down on him from his dorsal side it's the right side of this belly) and I feel this lump that extends toward his vent. His eye width measures 5/8" and I only feed 1/2" dubias and smaller. The last time I fed a larger dubia was probably 2 - 3 weeks ago and it was still small enough for him. Could he just not be pooping because he's not eating much do to the shed? Anatomically, is there an organ that normally is where I felt?

I've been giving him nice warm baths and massaging his belly from chest to vent gently but still he has not passed anything (but like I said, I'm not sure there is anything to pass currently).

Any advice would be awesome.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
When mine was younger and shedding her bowel movements would sometimes stop during the shedding process. Just keep doing what your doing with the baths and if after he's shed, if he still hasn't pooped then try some applesauce or prune juice which can often help. It's more than likely that he's stressed from shedding plus the fact he hasn't ate, don't worry :D

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
kjinxx2":z1lq5p49 said:
Thanks for the comforting words :) It's hard not to worry sometimes!

I know!!! i used to worry constantly when mine was a baby- i've relaxed a lot now as she's 18 months, but the worry still crops up now and again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom